The 20 top recipes from 2020 are revealed! We had a hard time choosing which recipes to include in this yearly round-up, so we decided to share the top 10 most popular recipes readers visited and our personal top 10 favorites.
They are all delicious and show that all of us were focused on easy comfort foods from appetizers and main dishes to desserts. Did any of your favorite recipes make the list?
Reader favorite top recipes
Top 10 most popular recipes that you visited in 2020!
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie– This was our most popular recipe in 2020! It is also our most pinned recipe too. It is SO easy to make and is full of all the ingredients to make a cozy family dinner in 30 minutes.
2. Nana’s Sand Tarts Cookies – This holiday cookie recipe is a family favorite. It makes dozens of thin, crisp sugar cookies perfect for milk or morning coffee.
3. Orange Crush Soda Cake – This cake is made with a boxed cake mix and a can of soda. That's it! Add fancy frosting to decorate if you want to, like the ombre method I share in the post. It's so pretty!
5. How to Make the Perfect Porterhouse Steak – The king of all steaks, this is very, very easy to make. If you are afraid to cook beef, this recipe will help you overcome your fears!
6. Easy Lemon Pound Cake – Another family favorite recipe! I was so glad to see this as a top recipe from our readers for another year! This pound cake is super soft and full of lemon flavor! Easy? Yep! Box cake mix and lemon pudding bake into a slice of heaven.
7. Cherry Hand Pies – Have you noticed a common theme of easy when it comes to our recipes? This mini pie is made with canned cherry pie filling and store bough pie crust. SO GOOD!
8. Clementine Pound Cake – This glazed pound cake is perfect for dessert! Full of fresh clementines, this recipe became a reader favorite this past fall and when you make it, you will see why!
9. The Best Veal Meatballs– THE BEST meatball you will ever make and honestly, ever eat. So many of you have left comments and emails telling me how much you love this recipe.
10. Homemade Orange Lemonade– A perfect drink recipe to enjoy on a hot summer day or to make any time really. Freshly squeezed oranges and lemons create a sweet and tart lemonade. Super yummy.
Our top 10 favorite recipes from 2020
We created some great new recipes this year and wanted to share some of our 10 favorite top recipes too.
- Ham, Green Beans & Potatoes – A true PA Dutch recipe that is cooked on the stove in one pot. It probably could not get any easier and the flavor combination is out of this world.
2. The Best Deviled Eggs – If you like deviled eggs, then you will love this recipe! A great appetizer to serve for the holidays or over the weekend!
3. Avocado Chocolate Mousse – A healthy version of chocolate pudding! I had this dessert at a museum in 2019 and replicated it in my kitchen. You would never guess this creamy, chocolatey treat was made with avocado!
4. Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie – This is my go-to dessert when I need something fast. Mixed in one bowl and baked in a cast iron pan, this big chocolate chip cookie can be served cut into wedges, bars or top with ice cream and just dig in!
6. Cinnamon Swirl Bread – 2020 seemed to be the year to make homemade bread and I always wanted to try making cinnamon swirl bread from scratch. Well, this is probably the only recipe on this list that is a bit more involved than the others, but the results were spectacular!
7. Air Fryer Everything Season Salmon – Looking for more air fryer recipes? Look no further- this everything seasoned salmon cooks up in under 15 minutes and cooks to perfection. Flaky and full of flavor, top on asparagus for a deliciously easy dinner. If you like Everything Season spice mix, then try our recipe for Homemade Everything Bagels. They are AWESOME!
8. Baked Pumpkin Donuts – Another new recipe created in the Eat Picks kitchen! Baked pumpkin donuts were the perfect fall breakfast treat! I made these every chance I could!
9. Easy Ham Pinwheel Appetizers – I haven't had this retro appetizer since I was a kid. My Aunt Linda made these for every picnic and holiday party. Simple recipe with ham, cream cheese and green onion.
10. 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies – I love peanut butter and I love cookies, so when I can combine the two, that is a win in my book! All you need is peanut butter, sugar, and butter. I add a secret ingredient sometimes, so go read our post for a great gluten free cookie recipe.
Did any of your favorites make the list? Be sure to tell us which ones!
We hope you have a chance to try one, if not all on this list!
Kitchen content to help you
Let us know if there are any recipes, how-to, techniques, or products you would like to learn to make, use or have questions about and we will be sure to create helpful content in 2021 for you!
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get all the latest posts straight to your inbox!