Are you all about simple recipes with simple ingredients? Me too. I love when basic ingredients come together and make a fantastic tasting dish everyone loves and this recipe for red, white, and blue stuffed strawberries completely fits the bill. It is easy, good for you, and looks absolutely beautiful on a plate!
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
I first made this recipe for stuffed strawberries about 10 years ago. I planted a small strawberry patch just off the deck and that first summer, it really didn't do much. The following year? It went crazy!
I would pick and fill my large colander with huge beautiful berries almost every day.
We had so many strawberries I couldn't give them away fast enough.
I needed a recipe that did not involve shortcakes, strawberry pulp bread, or anything baked for that matter. So I played around a bit with flavors and came up with the pairing of cream cheese, a bit of powdered sugar, and vanilla extract (try our homemade version!).
It was tasty, but not what I was looking for…so then I tried almond extract and BINGO! That small flavor change made all the difference.
Stuffed into a strawberry and it was fantastic! My stuffed strawberries recipe has been shared more times than I can think of.
In fact, this recipe along with another family favorite has been featured at speaking demonstrations and magazine articles.
Strawberry Dessert Tray
I like making these treats for any occasion. Stuffed strawberries make quite an entrance when brought to a party, brunch, or backyard picnic!
You can serve these fancy berries as is, drizzled with chocolate or, with a little patriotic twist, try adding a blueberry on top. Serve these alongside delicious Snow Cone Cupcake for a fresh fruit dessert option.
It is so festive and really looks fabulous when placed on the dessert table at your cookout!
So grab those freshly picked strawberries and stuff them! Add a blueberry, drizzle with chocolate or enjoy plain, they are delicious no matter what!
What you will need to Make Stuffed Strawberries
- Cream cheese
- Confectioners sugar
- Almond extract
- Vanilla extract
- Ziplock Bag or Wilton Decorating bags
- Paring knife
- Decorative tray
Stuffed strawberries make a great gift too! This is a super idea for Mother's Day or Father's Day, birthday, or anniversary gift as well as a hostess gift.
Make these at least an hour or two beforehand and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Ready to make these? Great!
I know you are going to love these stuffed strawberries as much as we do! They are small, but pack big flavor! When you make these, because I know you will, please let me know! Share on Facebook and Pinterest! And be sure to tag @eatpicks – #eatpicks if you share on Instagram!
- 1 pint strawberries, washed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. almond extract, you may substitute vanilla here as well
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Wash strawberries and dry well with paper towel.
- Cut off the green top so berry can sit flat.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, extract and sugar. Mix well until creamy.
- Cut an ‘X’ in the pointed end of strawberry, careful not to cut all the way through.
- Fill a pastry bag or zip-lock baggie with cheese mixture. If using a baggie, make a small snip in corner of bag.
- Carefully pipe filling into center of ‘X’ in berry.
- Top each with a blueberry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wilton 418-1704 Icing Tip Set, X-Large
- Wilton 2104-1249 Decorating Tools, 12" 100 count
- Medium Plastic Serving Tray- Red, White and Blue Patriotic
- Smurfs Yingda Independence Day Table Runner, 4th of July Hearts Table Runner, Cotton Table Runner for Summer Parties, Catering Events, Daily Use, 14 × 70 inches
- Simply Organic Almond Extract, Certified Organic | 4 oz
- Domino Confectioners 10-x Powdered Sugar, 1 Pound Box (Pack of 2)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
We've included this recipe and MORE in our 5 Best Recipes for July 4th BBQ Party!