This avocado chocolate mousse recipe is full of rich chocolate flavor and is incredibly easy to make! Enjoy every single bite without any of the guilt with this super healthy treat! Even if you are not a fan of avocados, you will never realize this delicious dessert is made with them!
The funny thing is, I'm not a huge chocolate dessert fan except when it comes to pudding. I love chocolate pudding, especially made from scratch like mom used to make.
When I found this Keto-friendly recipe for chocolate pudding, well, I had to try it!
How to Make Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe
First and foremost, you will need a ripe avocado. Not under ripe and not overly ripe either. You want it just right. Why? because if you use this in your recipe, the flavor of the avocado may come through the chocolate.
If you don't mind, then it won't matter all that much. BUT, if you want to disguise this ingredient and make everyone think it's straight-up chocolate mousse, then a perfectly ripe avocado is what you are after.
You will need:
- Ripe avocados
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream, or almond milk or cashew milk will work too.
- Confectioner sugar or sweetener of choice, like Swerve (which like me, you can order easily on Amazon)
Other Tools You May Need for Avocado Chocolate Mousse
I love that this recipe only requires a few kitchen tools to make. A large mixing bowl and hand mixer works great for making this smooth & creamy, and if you have a food processor, that will work too.
Oh, and a whisk is perfect for making fresh whipped cream with heavy whipping cream!
- Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out all the flesh and place it in your bowl or food processor.
- Add all the ingredients to the same bowl and blend until smooth.
- Divide chocolate mousse into ramekin cups and place them in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Before serving, make whipped cream
- Pour heavy whipping cream in a chilled bowl and add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Whisk until stiff peaks show on the whisk.
How Long Does Chocolate Avocado Mousse Last In The Fridge?
I really had no idea HOW GOOD avocados and chocolate would taste! So, in our fridge, these little desserts only lasted two days before they got eaten. But, if you are looking to make them ahead of time, I would say 3 days tops.
If you enjoy this recipe, please share it on Pinterest and Facebook! Be sure to tag us with @eatpicks or #eatpicks so we can see your creation and share!
- 1 avocado, ripe. Halved and pitted
- 2 Tablespoons of heavy cream, (or almond or cashew milk)
- 2 Tablespoons confectioners sugar (Swerve, or other if making Keto)
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl or food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Mix with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. If using food processor, pulse 4-5 times until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon chocolate mousse into small dishes or ramekins.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill and set.
- Top with fresh whipped cream before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart DLC-4CHB Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless
KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire Red
Avogato Mug Funny Avocado Cat Kitty Coffee Cup - 11oz
Avocado Stickers (Dover Little Activity Books Stickers)
An Avocado a Day: More than 70 Recipes for Enjoying Nature's Most Delicious Superfood
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 7gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g