You can make the BEST deviled eggs recipe ever with this classic recipe! This family favorite is great for a crowd or a simple appetizer for holiday brunch or backyard barbecue. No one can resist an egg white filled with creamy egg yolk filling!
If you thought these little bites of heaven were hard to make, think again! I have some GREAT tips for you to help make the best deviled egg recipe that everyone will love!
Whenever I see an egg plate like this one, I always think to myself, can these slots really be empty by the end of a party? Oh, yes they can!
Easy appetizers are always a crowd favorite, and easy deviled eggs seem to be on top of everyone's list from summer picnics to easter brunch.
First and foremost, the most important ingredient you need will be are hard-boiled eggs.
How to cook deviled eggs
I have a great how-to post on how to boil Easter eggs on the stovetop.
But, let me tell you- I L-O-V-E this new egg cooker I found on Amazon! I have a teal blue color, but it also comes in a lot of other colors too. It sits on your countertop and a timing buzzer lets you know when they are done. Pierce each egg with the tool provided, set eggs in the slotted steamer basket, add water, cover with the lid, push the button, and done.
I'm telling you, perfectly cooked hard-boiled eggs every single time. It is my favorite way to cook large eggs for stuffed eggs, potato salad, or egg salad recipe. So easy!
What Are Deviled Egg Ingredients?
To make this super easy recipe for deviled eggs you will need these ingredients:
- Hard-Boiled Eggs made on the stovetop in a pot or in my favorite new countertop Egg Cooker. (LOVE this thing!)
- Mayonnaise – You can make homemade or use your favorite store-bought brand. I like Hellman's Mayo but Dukes Mayo is a close second.
- Mustard- Dijon mustard is best, but if you like yellow mustard that is ok too.
- Vinegar– white vinegar or apple cider vinegar works. Not a fan? You can use lemon juice in its place.
- Garlic Powder– Just a tiny bit adds so much depth of flavor when adding this to your yolk mixture!
- Salt and Pepper– Just a dash here because the other ingredients will add just enough salt. Taste the egg mixture to get it just right.
- Extra Toppings- When I make this, I like to top my deviled egg with a sprinkle of paprika and a pinch of chopped fresh chives or a sprig of parsley or dill. It gives a nice pop of color.
Related recipes: Easy Egg Drop Soup, Power Eggs Breakfast, Vegetable Quiche, Ham Wheel Appetizers
How to Make Devilled Eggs Recipe
Begin by peeling the shells off your cooked and cooled hard boiled eggs.
To prepare your deviled egg filling, slice eggs in half lengthwise, gently scoop the yolks out and place them into a small bowl. Set egg white halves aside.
In the bowl full of cooked yolks, mash egg yolks with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until completely combined creating a super creamy filling.
Fill the egg whites: Using either a small spoon or a piping bag, fill the egg whites with the prepared yolk mixture.
If you want the fancy swirl design, use a cake decorating tip inside your piping bag will yield the best results.
Top and serve: Top each of the deviled eggs with your desired toppings, then serve! I like to use smoked paprika for a slight bbq flavor or a sprig of fresh dill.
Additional Deviled Egg Add-in Ideas
Some great ideas of tasty mix-in or toppings for your deviled eggs recipe:
- Sweet pickle relish: Just a little bit (teaspoon)of this will add a really unique flavor to your eggs!
- Pickle juice: Want a tangy hint of flavor? Try adding 1/4 teaspoon of dill pickle juice.
- Heat: Want a zip to your delicious devilled eggs? Try adding a dash or two of Tobasco, Sriracha, or other hot sauce.
- Avocado: Chop up an avocado and add in the yolk mixture, or as a topping!
- Bacon: It's the best pairing to an egg! Mix it in or chop and sprinkle on top!
Can You Make Deviled Eggs Ahead of Time?
Yes! Deviled eggs are best when eaten the day they are made to ensure they are super fresh and tasty. But, If you need to make them ahead of time, I'd say 1-3 days in advance would be preferable.
Be sure to completely cover this recipe for stuffed eggs with plastic wrap or keep them in an airtight container. Sprinkle with paprika and chopped fresh herbs right before serving. sh herbs right before serving.
How Do You Hard Boil Eggs so They Peel Easily?
The secret to easily peeling a hard-boiled egg is immediately running it under cold water after it is cooked. Whether you make them on the stovetop or in the handy egg cooker (did I mention how much I LOVE this thing?!) run eggs under cold tap water right away. This will stop them from cooking and super easy to peel!
Easy deviled eggs are so delicious because this simple recipe uses simple ingredients! With a little mayo, egg yolks, and spices, you can enjoy this holiday staple any time of year!
The Best Deviled Eggs Recipe Ever!
You can make the BEST deviled eggs recipe ever with this classic deviled egg recipe! This family favorite is great for a crowd or a simple appetizer for holiday brunch or backyard barbecue. No one can resist an egg white filled with creamy egg yolk!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (made on the stovetop or in the Egg Cooker)
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tablespoon vinegar, white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- toppings: paprika and chopped fresh chives or sprig of dill
- Prepare your yolk filling: Slice the peeled hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise, and gently scoop the yolks out into a small bowl. Set egg white halves aside. In bowl full of cooked yolks, mash yolks thoroughly with a fork, then stir in the mayonnaise, vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper until completely combined.
- Fill the egg whites: Using either a spoon or a piping bag, fill the egg whites with the prepared yolk mixture. If you want the fancy swirl design, use a cake decorating tip inside your piping bag.
- Top and serve: Top each of the deviled eggs with your desired toppings, then serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
White Ceramic 18 Section Deviled Egg Plate, 11" Dia
Maxi-Matic EGC-007 Easy Electric Egg Poacher, Omelet, Scrambled, Soft, Medium, Hard-Boiled Boiler Cooker with Auto Shut-Off and Buzzer, Measuring Cup Included, BPA Free, 7 Capacity, White
Pridebit 2 22 Cupcake Decorating Extra Large Piping Icing Tips, 2, Stainless Steel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Easy Mardi Gras King Cake Cupcakes | Eat Picks
Tuesday 11th of January 2022
[…] Related recipes: Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Bread, Pillsbury Cranberry Bread, Snow Cone Cupcakes, Shark Cupcakes, Flamingo Cupcakes, Lemon Pound Cake, Easy Deviled Eggs […]