This air fryer salmon recipe is one of our favorite ways to make this type of fish. Adding everything bagel seasoning that is full of salt, pepper, flakes of garlic and onion, and sesame seeds make the most delicious crust for salmon! In under 12 minutes, you can make a quick and easy dinner and the perfect healthy weeknight meal.
One of my favorite flavor combos is everything bagel seasoning! I love to use this seasoning mix for our homemade everything bagels and it tastes AMAZING when sprinkled on top of deviled eggs! When I decided to add this spice mix to my dinner, it created one of the best air fryer salmon recipes I've ever had! It tastes THAT GOOD!
What to serve with salmon air fryer recipe
You can most certainly eat this everything bagel salmon all on its own, but I like to serve it with a tasty side salad or asparagus sauteed in butter.
Jasmine rice or Basmati rice would be delicious too, just plan on an extra 20 minutes for the rice to cook.
You can also try our crispy shredded sweet potatoes for a tasty side!
Tools needed to make air fryer salmon:
To make this salmon recipe in an air fryer, the first thing you need is an air fryer!
- I have a Hamilton Beach 2.6 qt. Large Capacity air fryer unit and I love how evenly it cooks and how easy it is to clean. I found this at Home Depot, which is about $13 less than the one I found on Amazon. Home Depot only has the grey available, but if you prefer the black color, then Amazon can have the air fryer to you!
- Tongs that have a long handle and silicon ends work great for taking cooked salmon out of the air fryer.
That's really all you need as far as kitchen tools go! See how easy this meal is going to be?!
Ingredients for air fryer salmon:
- Salmon filets, preferably wild-caught Alaskan Salmon. You can use fresh or frozen salmon fillets.
- Everything Bagel seasoning can be found in the spice aisle, grab the fan-favorite Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning, or you can make your own!
- Olive oil to coat the salmon fillets
How to make everything bagel salmon recipe:
Follow these simple steps to make this everything bagel salmon recipe and have dinner ready in minutes!
Step 1: Place thawed salmon fillets on a plate and lightly coat with olive oil.
Step 2: Season salmon fillets with a generous amount of Everything Bagel Seasoning.
Step 3: Place seasoned fillets skin side down into the basket of your air fryer.
Keep space between salmon fillets so that the air is able to circulate and cook evenly.
Now comes the REALLY easy part to air fry!
- Place air fryer basket back into the air fryer unit.
- Set air fryer to seafood setting and the cooking time to 12 minutes.
- When air fry beeps complete, you will have salmon that is perfectly cooked!
Some FAQ's about this salmon recipe
How long to cook salmon in an air fryer?
Most air fryer units will have an automatic setting for time and temperature to cook seafood. Find the listing for salmon and follow directions. With my Hamilton Beach air fryer, I have found it takes 12 minutes to cook perfectly!
Can you cook frozen fish in an air fryer?
Yes. You can cook frozen salmon in an air fryer, however it will take 4-6 minutes longer to ensure you have cooked fish completely. You will have much better results if you use fresh or thawed fish.
Other seafood recipes you may like
If you try our recipe, we would love for you to sign up for our newsletter so you can get every delicious post straight to your inbox!
- 2 4 oz. salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- Place thawed salmon fillets on the plate.
- Cover each fillet segment with olive oil.
- Season salmon with the everything bagel spice mixture.
- Place salmon in air fryer basket skin side down.
- Replace basket back into air fryer unit and choose seafood setting.
- Set cooking time for 12 minutes and press start.
- Remove cooked salmon from air fryer basket and place on serving dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
COTTON CRAFT 12 Pack Gingham Checks Oversized Dinner Napkins - Navy - Size 20"x20" - 100% Cotton - Tailored with Mitered Corners and a Generous Hem - Easy Care Machine wash
Riedel Extreme Riesling Wine Glass, Set of 4, Clear
Tabletops Gallery Fashion Dinnerware Collection- Stoneware Dishes Service for 4 Dinner Salad Appitizer Dessert Plate Bowls, 16 Piece Geneva Dinnerware Set
OXO Good Grips 9-Inch Locking Tongs with Nylon Heads
Hamilton Beach 2.6 Quart Digital Air Fryer Oven with 6 Presets, Easy to Clean Nonstick Basket, Black (35050)
Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend 2.3 oz, Pack of 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 28g