When you try this Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese sandwich, you will wonder where it has been your whole life! Full of juicy chicken marinated in flavorful buffalo wing sauce, this classic sandwich just got kicked up a notch and you will love it.
Grilled Cheese Just Got Better
Warm weather is just around the corner and the kitchen and I will soon take a break from one another. For being a foodie, you would think I love to cook or bake 365 days of the year, but you know what? Summer cooking and I just don't mix.
I tend to eat very simple meals and I am taking HUGE liberties in the word “meals”…because of the hot humid days, I have been known to eat Cherry Chocolate Chunk ice cream for a dinner. It totally counts as dinner, right? Right.
The less time I have to spend over a hot stove, the better.
How to Make The Best Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
You will be surprised how simple and delicious this recipe really is, especially using Frank's Hot Wing Sauce. I love cooking with it and it is the “secret flavor” to this sandwich!
- Grab your favorite loaf of bread. I used simple wheat bread.
- Cook chicken with salt and pepper, then shred it in a bowl.
- Pour Frank's Hot Wing Sauce on top of chicken.
- Let chicken marinate for 10 minutes.
- Butter one side of bread slices. Place marinated chicken on unbuttered side of bread, top with shredded cheddar cheese. Place the other slice of bread on top.
- Cook in frying pan butter side down until golden brown, then flip and repeat.
One of my favorite recipes is for Buffalo Chicken. It really is as simple as taking cooked chicken and pouring a good dose from a bottle of Frank's Hot Wing Sauce into a bowl and allow it to marinate for 10-20 minutes.
Related recipes: Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip, Game Day Guacamole, Tomato Appetizer Bites, The Best Deviled Eggs
I've added this flavorful chicken to
- garbage bread
- Easy Keto pizza
Yet, the day I decided to add to my plain grilled cheese, I wondered through every glorious bite why I had never tried this before.
What to Serve with Buffalo Grilled Cheese
You may ask yourself “What can I serve with this grilled cheese sandwich?” Just like a classic grilled cheese, this pairs great with a cup of chicken noodle soup!
Too hot for soup? No worries, a nice green salad would pair nicely too.
I hope you enjoy this delicious lunch sandwich as much as I do! If you make this Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese recipe, please help me share the love by sharing on Facebook and Pinterest!
And be sure to tag us @eatpicks- #eatpicks if you share on Instagram!
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese is the grown-up grilled cheese sandwich! Full of juicy chicken and buffalo wing sauce, this is going to be a new favorite!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup Frank's Hot Wing Buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices favorite bread, I used wheat
- Place chicken in a glass bowl or dish and cover with sauce. Toss lightly with fork so that all of chicken is covered. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to marinate 10-20 minutes.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side only. Place first slice butter-side down in hot pan over medium-high heat.
- Top with half the cheese. Remove chicken with fork (let excess sauce drip off) and place on top of cheese. Top chicken with remaining cheese. Place remaining piece of bread on top of chicken mixture, butter side up.
- Cook until golden brown. Carefully turn over and gently push down top of sandwich with spatula (just enough to stick together insides of grilled cheese). Cook until golden brown.
- Let stand for 1 minute before slicing in half.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Brick (8 oz Boxes, Pack of 2)
Eslite Large Soup Spoons/Stainless Steel Bouillion Spoons,12-Piece,7.7 Inches
Pink Checkered Gingham 6 Pack Premium Disposable Plastic Tablecloth 54 Inch. x 108 Inch. Rectangle Table Cover By Grandipity
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Swiss Diamond 2 Piece Set: Fry Pan Duo - 9.5" and 11"
Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce, Wing Marinade, 23 oz (Pack of 6)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2077Total Fat: 100gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 50gCholesterol: 398mgSodium: 2061mgCarbohydrates: 168gFiber: 25gSugar: 6gProtein: 131g
The Ultimate Turkey Reuben Sandwich Recipe | Eat Picks
Monday 14th of March 2022
[…] Butter – To spread on the bread before grilling on the stove. You'll cook this just as you would a grilled cheese sandwich. […]
The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe! | Eat Picks
Sunday 1st of August 2021
[…] marinated in Frank's buffalo wing sauce tastes so good! I've used a version of this recipe to make buffalo chicken grilled cheese which is amazing, and also added it to make a buffalo chicken mac N cheese that is the ultimate in […]
Buffalo Chicken Mac N Cheese
Tuesday 16th of June 2015
[…] dip, but I’ve put this in baked potatoes, quesadillas, eggs, nachos, and even made a delicious Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese to go along with my chicken noodle […]
Saturday 17th of August 2013
This is an interesting twist to grilled cheese, i need to try this ASAP. #sitssharefest
Monday 19th of August 2013
You will love it!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Saturday 17th of August 2013
This sounds awesome. I may have just decided on what's for dinner! Great blog. I have a question for you, do a fan of the grill during the summer? Just wondering! Visiting from Saturday Share Fest!
Monday 19th of August 2013
Hi Laurie! Welcome to Eatpicks! This heavenly sandwich is pretty awesome! Hope you tried and enjoyed it. And your question of am I a fan of grilling in the summer? Sometimes. I love to EAT grilled food...but to stand over a hot grill, under the hot sun and smell like my dinner...not so much. ;)