When you try this Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese sandwich, you will wonder where it has been your whole life! Full of juicy chicken marinated in flavorful buffalo wing sauce, this classic sandwich just got kicked up a notch and you will love it.
Grilled Cheese Just Got Better
Warm weather is just around the corner and the kitchen and I will soon take a break from one another. For being a foodie, you would think I love to cook or bake 365 days of the year, but you know what? Summer cooking and I just don't mix.
I tend to eat very simple meals and I am taking HUGE liberties in the word “meals”…because of the hot humid days, I have been known to eat Cherry Chocolate Chunk ice cream for a dinner. It totally counts as dinner, right? Right.
The less time I have to spend over a hot stove, the better.
How to Make The Best Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese
You will be surprised how simple and delicious this recipe really is, especially using Frank's Hot Wing Sauce. I love cooking with it and it is the “secret flavor” to this sandwich!
- Grab your favorite loaf of bread. I used simple wheat bread.
- Cook chicken with salt and pepper, then shred it in a bowl.
- Pour Frank's Hot Wing Sauce on top of chicken.
- Let chicken marinate for 10 minutes.
- Butter one side of bread slices. Place marinated chicken on unbuttered side of bread, top with shredded cheddar cheese. Place the other slice of bread on top.
- Cook in frying pan butter side down until golden brown, then flip and repeat.
One of my favorite recipes is for Buffalo Chicken. It really is as simple as taking cooked chicken and pouring a good dose from a bottle of Frank's Hot Wing Sauce into a bowl and allow it to marinate for 10-20 minutes.
I've added this flavorful chicken to
- garbage bread
- Easy Keto pizza
Yet, the day I decided to add to my plain grilled cheese, I wondered through every glorious bite why I had never tried this before.
What to Serve with Buffalo Grilled Cheese
You may ask yourself “What can I serve with this grilled cheese sandwich?” Just like a classic grilled cheese, this pairs great with a cup of chicken noodle soup!
Too hot for soup? No worries, a nice green salad would pair nicely too.
I hope you enjoy this delicious lunch sandwich as much as I do! If you make this Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese recipe, please help me share the love by sharing on Facebook and Pinterest!
And be sure to tag us @eatpicks- #eatpicks if you share on Instagram!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup Frank's Hot Wing Buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices favorite bread, I used wheat
- Place chicken in a glass bowl or dish and cover with sauce. Toss lightly with fork so that all of chicken is covered. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to marinate 10-20 minutes.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side only. Place first slice butter-side down in hot pan over medium-high heat.
- Top with half the cheese. Remove chicken with fork (let excess sauce drip off) and place on top of cheese. Top chicken with remaining cheese. Place remaining piece of bread on top of chicken mixture, butter side up.
- Cook until golden brown. Carefully turn over and gently push down top of sandwich with spatula (just enough to stick together insides of grilled cheese). Cook until golden brown.
- Let stand for 1 minute before slicing in half.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Brick (8 oz Boxes, Pack of 2)
Eslite Large Soup Spoons/Stainless Steel Bouillion Spoons,12-Piece,7.7 Inches
Pink Checkered Gingham 6 Pack Premium Disposable Plastic Tablecloth 54 Inch. x 108 Inch. Rectangle Table Cover By Grandipity
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Swiss Diamond 2 Piece Set: Fry Pan Duo - 9.5" and 11"
Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce, Wing Marinade, 23 oz (Pack of 6)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2077Total Fat: 100gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 50gCholesterol: 398mgSodium: 2061mgCarbohydrates: 168gFiber: 25gSugar: 6gProtein: 131g