This is the BEST 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe you will ever make! It uses only one bowl and creates soft delicious peanut butter cookies to enjoy for dessert or a snack!
I must admit that peanut butter is one of my favorite flavors when it comes to cookies. Heck, peanut butter is one of my favorite foods period! I love to melt it over ice cream, use as a dip for apples or celery, and is the perfect punch of flavor for my PB&J protein smoothie!
Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter baked cookies are where it's at! Soft, chewy cookies are such a treat as a mid-day snack or to enjoy as a little treat after dinner with tea. I love making this cookie recipe because it is so easy!
The best part of this three-ingredient cookie recipe is it takes only one bowl and three ingredients you have in the pantry! That's it! These really are the best peanut butter cookies you will ever make! They taste so good warm out of the oven and they also freeze really well!
3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe
- Peanut Butter– I recommend commercial brand peanut butter over the all-natural butter. The natural butter tends to be bitter. I like to use Jif crunchy to add a little texture, but smooth peanut butter is good too.
- Egg one large egg is all you need.
- Sugar one cup of granulated sugar.
How to make 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies
Three ingredients are all you need for this cookie recipe, but that doesn't mean you miss out on adding in some favorite flavors! In fact, I do add a special ingredient, technically making them 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies! I'll share those after the directions!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper to make clean up a breeze.
- Mix together peanut butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl. I add a teaspoon of vanilla extract as a bonus flavor!
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Dip tines of a fork in granulated sugar and gently press into cookie balls. Reverse directions and repeat until you have a criss-cross pattern.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies sit on the baking sheet for one minute so they are able to set. Taking them off too soon will result in a crumbled mess. Trust me!
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack or on a large dinner plate.
Peanut butter cookie add-ins
Since this cookie recipe omits flour, making them gluten free, you can add in other flavors, sugars, or nut butters to experiment! Try these ideas
- Flavored extracts- like I mentioned above- I add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to my recipe. You can try that or maybe vanilla bean paste!
- You can also try brown sugar or a sugar substitute like Stevia. This Keto peanut butter cookie recipe is really tasty if you are looking for a diet-conscious recipe!
- Flavored nut butters like this cinnamon almond butter would taste pretty amazing!
- Chocolate chips would also be a welcomed addition! I would recommend mini-chocolate chips. Try the Enjoy Life mini chips– they taste great and bake really well too.
This is a great recipe to try with young bakers too because they can mix and form cookie dough by themselves.
Other great cookie recipes to try:
- Classic Sugar Cookie
- Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Nutella Sugar Cookies
- Nana's Sand Tart Cookies
- Chocolate Dates Snickers Bites
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to receive all our latest recipes!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you made this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Please tag me on IG @eatpicks, using the hashtag #eatpicks.
- 1 cup peanut butter, Jif or Skippy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper
- In a large bowl, add peanut butter, sugar, and egg. For extra flavor, add vanilla extract.
- Mix completely until soft dough forms.
- With spoon or cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll in palm of hands to form 1-inch balls.
- Place peanut butter cookie balls on the prepared baking pan.
- Dip tines of a fork into granulated sugar and gently press into the dough ball. Turn fork and gently press again to create a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on baking sheet for 1 minute to set.
- Remove cookies and place on rack to cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
D'Lifeful Cookie Jar with Airtight Seal and Bamboo Lid - Jars for Candy Storage, Farmhouse Kitchen Canister, Metal Tins for Cookies, Accessories for Kitchens - Vintage Containers with Lids for Food
USA Pan Bakeware Quarter Sheet Pan, Warp Resistant Nonstick Baking Pan, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter (Pack of 2)
Enjoy Life Semi-sweet Chocolate Mini Chips, 10 Ounce, Pack of 2
TeamFar Baking Rack, Cooling Roasting Rack Stainless Steel for Baking Sheet Oven Pan, Healthy & Rust Free, Oven & Dishwasher Safe - Set of 3 (15 inch)
PaperChef Culinary Parchment Multipurpose Non-Stick Paper, 205 sq ft
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 6g