Homemade Orange Lemonade is the perfect go-to recipe to quench your thirst during the dog days of summer. Fresh oranges and lemons combined with a simple syrup will have you sipping in leisure in no time.
If you love citrus flavors of orange and lemon, like me, then you are going to love this lemonade recipe! It is so easy to make so you will be able to enjoy this all summer long!
Orange Lemonade Makes Summertime Taste Sweet
Nothing cools you off like a nice long sip of cool, sweet lemonade. When the kids were younger, I often opted for the sweet sugar mixes found in the grocery aisle, but soon realized it was nothing but flavored sugar water, and sugar in that amount should be saved for sugar cookies.
You know what? It's not hard to make homemade lemonade!
I like to make homemade orange lemonade because the sweetness of the orange balances quite nicely with the tart lemon, and I can control the sugar content too.
What Tools Do You Need to Make Orange Lemonade
Here are some tools and kitchen items to have on hand to help make this recipe even easier!
How To Make Simple Syrup
Simple Syrup is easy really: equal parts sugar to water.
For this lemonade recipe, I used
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Then, simmer in a small sauce pot, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.
Cool before adding to drink mixture. That’s it!
Can You Add Flavors to Simple Syrup?
Absolutely! You can get creative with infusing flavors by adding a few mint leaves, rosemary sprigs, vanilla beans or cinnamon stick to the heating process. Once sugar dissolves, remove the flavor infuser before cooling.
A few other flavor favorites:
Your possibilities are endless!
How to Serve Orange Lemonade
When serving this homemade lemonade recipe, I like to use clear glass pitchers. They look amazing with lemon and orange slices floating with ice cubes. For some reason, it just looks thirst-quenching!
Be sure to add a few slices of citrus to each glass when serving this tasty beverage.
What Foods Pair with your Orange Lemonade?
If you want to share this yummy drink with friends and family, which I really hope you do, then you can enjoy this with any meal, snack or dessert! We like to enjoy with our Keto Pizza and for extra citrus flavor, a slice of our lemon pound cake or Clementine pound cake!
If you love THE best orange lemonade recipe as much as my family does, please help me share the love by sharing on Facebook and Pinterest!
And be sure to tag us @eatpicks – #eatpicks if you share on Instagram!
Homemade Orange Lemonade Recipe
- ¾ cup simple syrup
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice, (about 2-3 oranges)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, (about 5-6 lemons)
- 6 cups Water
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- Place ¾ cup sugar and ¾ cup water into small saucepan and bring to simmer. Stir occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Squeeze oranges to fill ½ cup. Squeeze lemons to fill 1 cup. Strain juices to catch any seed into a 2qt. pitcher.
- Add simple syrup and stir.
- Add 6 cups water and stir.
- Add lemon and orange slices.
- Chill and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Borosilicate Glass Pitcher with Lid and Spout - 68 Ounces Cold and Hot Water Carafe with Unique Diamond Pattern, Beverage Pitcher for Homemade Iced Tea and Juice.
- Chef'n FreshForce Citrus Juicer (Lemon)
- Bormioli Rocco Romantic Water Glass [Set Of 4] | 10.25 oz Premium Glass Set For Refreshments, Soda & Beverages | Italian Quality Glassware, Perfect For Dinner Parties, Bars & Restaurants
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 17mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 36g Protein: 1g