Roasted garlic parm shrimp is a perfect recipe for entertaining guests for any occasion! This appetizer is a great option for a warm snack for the buffet, full of butter and garlic, this will be a favorite to all.
Oven Roasting Shrimp is Quick & Easy
When I first made easy oven roasted shrimp, I could not believe the flavor town I was missing! Now don't get me wrong, I love a shrimp cocktail, but there was something extra special about serving warm shrimp that was simply a game-changer for me.
Cooking shrimp this way is easy and works for a quick appetizer or if you want to have on hand for weekly meal planning, this dish works for that too.
Roasting shrimp in a 350-degree oven only takes 6-8 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp. Make sure you place the seafood in a single layer on a cooking tray for even results.
Roasted Garlic Parm Shrimp
My favorite way to cook this delectable protein got even better the minute garlic and cheese were introduced! Think of roasted garlic shrimp as portable shrimp scampi, without the pasta!
As delicious as shrimp scampi is, we all know we are digging around for the pieces of buttery, garlicky, cheesy pieces of shrimp.
Oven Roasted Garlic-Parm Shrimp Ingredients:
Some of the ingredients listed here are my personal preferences because I like the flavor outcome they produce. If you have a favorite brand, feel free to use that too!
Other items you will need for this dish are:
Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
fresh parsley, minced
Will also need:
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, you need to prepare the garlic shrimp seasoning by combining the olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, ground cumin, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large glass bowl.
- Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the prepared baking sheet and roast until the shrimp are just firm and pink.
- Remove shrimp from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and fresh parsley.
How Long Should Shrimp be Baked for?
Shrimp is so easy to bake in the oven! Once you make it this way, you will be roasting shrimp all the time!
- In a preheated 350-degree oven, shrimp should take 6-8 minutes.
- In a preheated 400-degree oven, shrimp should take 4-6 minutes.
How Can You Tell When Shrimp Is Cooked?
Whether you are cooking in a frying pan, boiling, grilling or baking in the oven, shrimp has a “Tell” when it is done cooking.
Cooked shrimp will turn from a silvery-gray color to a slight pink when done. Once the pink shows, you know it's ready!
Is Shrimp Low in Carbs?
What I like about this dish is the fact that it is high in protein and low in carbs making it perfect for Keto-friendly dishes or low carb meal plans. Shrimp is the go-to appetizer for any party plate.
Holiday Entertaining Just Got Tastier
I am really looking forward to serving this dish for the upcoming holidays.
I don't know about you, but I am always looking for that new, stand out recipe everyone will rave over and enjoy.
So, look out brunch guests, this roasted garlic parm shrimp dish is coming your way!
Love shrimp recipes? You will have to try these too!
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 3 T. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ T. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the garlic shrimp seasoning by combining the olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, ground cumin, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large glass bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the prepared baking sheet and place in pre-heated oven to roast for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp are just firm and pink. Do not overcook.
- Remove shrimp from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and fresh parsley. Toss to combine when just cool enough to handle. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 241mg Sodium: 1217mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 27g
original post: 10/22/18
Updated post: 12/29/19