Grilled Salmon & Lemon Kebabs are easy to prepare and a simple way to enjoy a meal rich with healthy Omega-3 that tastes fantastic. Paired with fresh lemon and spices, this tastes amazing with a fresh salad and asparagus.
With just a few ingredients and bamboo skewers you can make a meal that not only looks beautiful but tastes amazing too! There is something about grilled salmon with lemon that just works in the flavor department when they are paired together. Follow our helpful tips for this heart-healthy dinner.
Helpful Tips for grilled lemon and salmon
A few things before we get started:
- If you can, purchase your salmon fresh- the day you will make this. It makes a big difference. You can ask your fishmonger to remove the skin for you, which will save you time and mess later!
- Soak your bamboo skewers for 20-30 minutes before you make your kebabs. This will prevent them from catching on fire.
- Slice your lemons thin, but not paper thin or else they will fall off the skewer.
- Cut fish into 1” cubes.
- Brush your grill grates with oil before placing fish on grates- this will prevent skewers from sticking.
- If you are cooking on the stove using a grill pan, brush pan with oil as well so kebab does not stick.
My FAVORITE Cookware, Le Creuset is having this amazing sale on their Deep Round Grill Pan! It's a GREAT DEAL!
- THE BEST TIP: Use two skewers when threading kebabs- this will make turning SO much easier!
Ingredients for grilled salmon and lemon
This recipe tastes best when all ingredients are fresh.
- Skinless Salmon Fillet, cut into 1” cubes- remember, you can ask your fishmonger to remove the skin for you!
- lemons, sliced thin
- Fresh oregano, chopped (or you can use dried oregano)
- Sesame seeds
- Ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
How to make grilled salmon with lemon
Start with the spice rub mixture:
Mix oregano, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, and olive oil in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
Assemble the kebab skewers:
- Starting with salmon, thread onto pre-soaked skewers.
- Fold lemon slice in half and thread. Alternate with fish and lemon; ending with fish.
- Brush with oil & spice mixture and place on preheated grill.
- Cook, turning occasionally and brushing with the spice mixture until fish is opaque, about 5-8minutes.
- If using a grill pan cooking time may take a bit longer.
Looking for a portable grill? This eco-friendly grill option from Fire & Flavor is super easy to use and handy!!
Serve cooked salmon skewers with a tossed green salad or roasted asparagus.
Other seafood recipes you can try:
- 1 ½ lbs. Skinless Salmon Fillet, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 large lemons, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped (did not have, so used 1 Tbsp. dried)
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Mix oregano, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds and olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Starting with salmon, thread onto a skewer. Fold lemon slice in half and thread. Alternate with fish and lemon; ending with fish. Brush with oil mixture and place on grill.
- Cook, turning occasionally and brushing with the spice mixture until fish is opaque about 5-8 minutes. If using a grill pan may take a bit longer.
- Serve with salad and fresh asparagus.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gibson Elite 98760.01R Luxembourg Handpainted 14" Serving Platter, Blue and Cream w/Floral Designs
Hotec 5 pieces Set Basting Brushes Silicone Heat Resistant Pastry Brushes Spread Oil Butter Sauce Marinades for BBQ Grill Barbecue Baking Kitchen Cooking BPA Free Dishwasher Safe (Multicolor)
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Epicurean Kitchen Series Cutting Board, 8-Inch × 6-Inch, Natural
How to Grill Everything: Simple Recipes for Great Flame-Cooked Food
Adjustable Bib Apron with Pockets - Extra Long Ties, Commercial Grade, Unisex - Black/White Pinstripe (33 x 27 Inches) - Homwe
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 688mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 39g
Original Post 5/23/13
Updated post 8/26/20