Do you like shrimp on the barbie? Then you will have to try our easy teriyaki shrimp kebabs recipe! It’s full of flavor and can be used as an appetizer or main dish & is great as leftovers too.
Summer has officially started and this recipe for teriyaki shrimp will be a hit with all your party-goers as you fire up the outside grill or grill pan. It is quick to put together, super delicious, and it only takes a few minutes to cook, leaving you time to sit and relax with company and enjoy that cocktail.
Easy Teriyaki Shrimp Kebabs
When I created this dish, it was a day where I didn’t have a lot of time. I was late coming home from work and as I walked through the door, Hubs shared that company was about to arrive any minute for cocktails on the patio. I needed something I that could do double duty; dinner for me and an appetizer for our guests.
I checked the freezer and found a bag of large shrimp-score-then searched through the pantry and came across teriyaki sauce and a bag of toasted sesame seeds. The fridge held left over pineapple chunks and a red onion. I didn’t have time to soak my skewers, so I decided to use my indoor cast iron grill pan to cook the shrimp kebabs.
Cooking 3 skewers at a time was easy enough and before I knew it, had 2 pounds of shrimp cooked, plated and served. The best part? All was done within 20 minutes. Walking out to the garden patio, I was double fisted; one hand carrying scrumptious teriyaki shrimp kebabs, the other holding a cool cocktail.
If you have any leftover, and that will be a BIG IF, teriyaki shrimp makes a super tasty salad the next day for lunch!
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lb Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fresh pineapple, cubed in 1- inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- If using wooden skewers, completely immerse in water and soak for at least 20 minutes before cooking kebabs.
- Combine teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds in small bowl.
- Alternate shrimp, pineapple cube and onion wedge on wooden skewer. Brush with teriyaki mixture.
- Place kebabs on preheated grill or on preheated grill pan. Cook 4 minutes, turn, and cook additional 4 minutes or until shrimp are done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 160mg Sodium: 1177mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 18g
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share with your friends and family.
Here are other great recipes you may enjoy: