Do you like shrimp on the barbie? Then you will have to try our easy teriyaki shrimp kebabs recipe! It’s full of flavor and can be used as an appetizer or main dish & is great as leftovers too.
Summer has officially started and this recipe for teriyaki shrimp will be a hit with all your party-goers as you fire up the outside grill or grill pan. It is quick to put together, super delicious, and it only takes a few minutes to cook, leaving you time to sit and relax with your company and enjoy that cocktail.
When I created this dish, it was a day where I didn’t have a lot of time. I was late coming home from work and as I walked through the door, Hubs shared he invited company, and they were about to arrive any minute for cocktails on the patio.
I needed something that could do double duty; dinner for me and an appetizer for our guests.
Teriyaki Shrimp Appetizer
Shrimp always seems to be my go-to protein when I need a really quick appetizer or dinner. I really like to bake shrimp in the oven, but it also tastes great grilled in my cast iron grill pan.
- If you decide to grill outside and you plan to use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them for 20 minutes beforehand. Doing this step will ensure your skewers don't catch on fire!
- If you are pressed for time and or it is cold outside, you can grill these bad boys on the stovetop in the cast iron grill pan. If you have a double burner pancake griddle, turn it over and see if the other side has a grill surface! Most pans have both!
If you enjoy this recipe, try some of our other quick and easy Shrimp dishes: Oven Roasted Shrimp, Roasted Garlic Parm Shrimp, Surf & Turf Appetizers
Other seafood recipes: Lobster Tacos, Air fryer Everything Seasoned Salmon, Orange Glazed Salmon, Grilled Salmon Kebabs
Easy Teriyaki Shrimp Kebabs
I checked the freezer and found a bag of large shrimp then searched through the pantry and came across teriyaki sauce and a bag of toasted sesame seeds.
The fridge held leftover pineapple chunks and red onion.
This dish was going to be pretty and tasty!
Shrimp Recipe Ready in 20 Minutes
In 20 minutes, you can have a gorgeous meal or appetizer ready to enjoy.
Cooking 3 skewers at a time was easy enough and before I knew it, I had 2 pounds of shrimp cooked, plated and served.
The best part? Walking out to the garden patio, I was double fisted; one hand carrying scrumptious teriyaki shrimp kebabs, the other holding a cool cocktail.
Ingredients Needed for Teriyaki Shrimp
This recipe is really super simple and you don't need all that much to put it together.
- A bottle of your favorite Teriyaki Sauce
- A can of pineapple chunks – or you can use fresh pineapple too.
- Large shrimp which you can find frozen in your grocer's seafood department.
- Red onion
- Toasted sesame seeds- which are completely optional.
What Can You Serve with Shrimp Teriyaki?
I love how versatile this recipe can be. Some of our favorite ways to enjoy it include:
- As a kebab, of course!
- Remove from the skewers and serve over rice.
- Serve over soba noodles or pasta.
- Enjoy over a salad.
- Make into a very tasty taco or quesadilla too!
Easy Teriyaki Shrimp Kebabs
Delicious Teriyaki Shrimp Kebabs are great way to enjoy lean protein as a main meal or as a very tasty appetizer! Ready in only 20 minutes!
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lb Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fresh pineapple, cubed in 1- inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- If using wooden skewers, completely immerse in water and soak for at least 20 minutes before cooking kebabs.
- Combine teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds in small bowl.
- Alternate shrimp, pineapple cube and onion wedge on wooden skewer. Brush with teriyaki mixture.
- Place kebabs on preheated grill or on preheated grill pan. Cook 4 minutes, turn, and cook additional 4 minutes or until shrimp are done.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 1177mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g
Original date: 7/2/16
Updated : 1/10/20
Delicious and Easy Shrimp & Rice Recipe | Eat Picks
Wednesday 16th of December 2020
[…] recipes: Oven Roasted Shrimp, Shrimp Teriyaki, Garlic Parm Shrimp, Surf & Turf Appetizer Bites, Easy Risotto, BLT Tomato […]
Easy Oven Roasted Shrimp | Eat Picks
Wednesday 10th of April 2019
[…] Easy Oven Roasted Shrimp. I feel kind of like Bubba when it comes to all the ways I’ve prepared shrimp. They all have been tasty, but no recipe can hold a candle to this simple way to cook and enjoy […]
Grilled Salmon & Lemon Kebabs | Eat Picks
Tuesday 19th of February 2019
[…] EasyTeriyaki Shrimp Kebabs […]
10 Cast Iron Dinners | Jenns Blah Blah Blog Recipes, DIY Projects, Tips, Tricks & the Sweet Stuff
Monday 3rd of October 2016
[…] Raise your hand if you love shrimp!! *Raises Hand*. I found these Teriyaki Shrimp Kabobs from Eat Picks and I couldn’t wait to try them. It uses a Cast Iron Grill Top, but if you are […]