Preparing for the holidays and entertaining can be quite the task, so here is a recipe for Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake. Yes, I said it. All the Fall flavors in one bite. Delicious layers of cheesecake, pumpkin, and pecan topping that will have you coming back for a second slice.
Oh yeah, slices with an ‘S', because who in the world can have only ONE slice or piece of dessert on the biggest meal day of the year? Not me, that's for sure!
The Best Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
Last year, a new dessert graced our holiday table and it was spectacular! I don't know who decided to bring cheesecakes, but they became my new favorite relative.
A pumpkin cheesecake, which tasted almost like our yummy pumpkin truffles recipe sans the chocolate, was rich, creamy and oh so dreamy!
I decided to combine all the delicious flavors on the table and they came together in layers of flavor to create a dessert that would rival the pumpkin pecan Cheesecake Factory cake!
- Pecan crust
- Cheesecake filling
- A layer of pumpkin pie
- Topped with a pecan pie
This sweet treat is a perfect combination of pumpkin pecan pie and sweet cream cheese filling.
Helpful Tips for this Pecan Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
If you don't want to use a pecan crust, you can always substitute it with the following:
- Try using a graham cracker crust– this will taste super-rich
- A chocolate wafer crust will also taste super yummy.
- If you like spice, then gingersnap crust is the way to go!
Allow enough time to bake off this cake and let it cool completely. Overnight in the fridge is best so that all the pecan pumpkin flavors can meld together.
Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature! Don't skip this step, because if you do, you will have lumpy cheesecake!
Be sure to have canned pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling, because you will be adding spices.
How to Assemble Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake Pie
When you are preheating your oven, get your springform pan ready with lots of butter or good shmear of shortening.
Prep crust with nuts in a food processor to crush and add melted butter & sugar. Pat into the bottom of the pan and freeze while getting the rest of the ingredients ready.
Pour on top of crust and freeze.
Prepare the pumpkin and pie spice mixture with evaporated milk and pour it on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Isn't this looking so good so far?
Now, bake this off in the oven for 40 minutes or so and prepare your pecan streusel topping.
Sprinkle dollops of pecan topping all over top of the semi-baked cheesecake and return to the oven to finish.
Some helpful kitchen tools to have on hand for this dessert:
See our list for more helpful kitchen gadgets and tools!
Some of our Favorite Pumpkin Treats to try:
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes– are super easy and very tasty!
- Pumpkin Truffles – covered in rich chocolate, these are a perfect bite-sized treat!
- Pumpkin Pound Cake– a reader favorite- this is rich and dense and so good!
- No-Bake Pumpkin Delight is so luscious! And it is no-bake, so that is a total win!
If you make this delicious pumpkin pecan cheesecake recipe for your holiday table this year, please share our recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
DID YOU MAKE THIS? PLEASE RATE THIS RECIPE BELOW!
- Pecan Crust
- 3 cups pecans, ground
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Cheesecake Layer
- 2-8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Pie Layer
- 14 ounces pumpkin puree
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pecan Pie Streusel Topping
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Process 3 cups pecans (in a food processor or blender) until ground up. Transfer to a medium-size bowl.
- Add melted butter and sugar to the pecans and stir to combine.
- Prepare a 10 ½ inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with shortening. Pat pecan mixture into the bottom of the pan. Freeze for 10minutes while preparing the next layer.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with the sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Mix in the vanilla.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the pecan crust, and spread out evenly.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin pie ingredients and mix until nicely incorporated. Pour over the partially frozen cheesecake filling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the pumpkin pie is starting to firm up around the outside.
- Mix the streusel topping ingredients in a small bowl and then drop in spoonfuls over the partially baked pie.
- Return the pie to the oven, and bake for an additional 50-65 minutes, or until the pumpkin and pecan topping is set.
- Notes: To make a graham cracker crust for the pecan crust, substitute graham cracker crumbs for the ground pecans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rectangle Tablecloth Checkered Style Polyester Table Cloth Spillproof Dust-Proof Wrinkle Resistant Heavy Weight Table Cover for Kitchen Dinning Tabletop (Rectangle/Oblong, 52" x 70" (4-6 Seats), Red)
YOUTAI Oven Mitts and Pot Holders, 4PCS Oven Mitts Set, Heat Resistant up to 572 F/300°C Non-Slip Food Grade Kitchen Mitten Silicone Cooking Gloves for Kitchen, BBQ Cooking Baking Grilling
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass 9.5 Inch Pie Plate (2-Pack)
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Cypress Home Decorative Be Thankful Hand-Painted Thanksgiving Turkey Tabletop Centerpiece Decor
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 899Total Fat: 62gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 6gSugar: 67gProtein: 13g