Pumpkin Pound Cake is truly one of the best cakes you will ever bake! Made in a Bundt pan, this cake is dense, yet soft, and will taste so much better than any Starbucks Pumpkin cake! Are you a fan of cheesecake? Then you may also want to try our mini pumpkin cheesecakes too!
Last week we needed to make an unexpected trip out of town for a funeral.
Knowing we would have long days ahead, I wanted to bake a few things to have on hand and would also travel well.
The recipe I found was absolutely fabulous.
Even though I was a bit nervous to use the amount of oil it called for, it worked creating an extremely moist and dense cake.
Many of you saw this on Instagram and asked for the recipe!
Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
When taking long road trips, we make a point to stop at the rest areas that have a Starbucks.
With a cup of coffee and a slice of this bread in hand, and my favorite scarf wrapped around tight, it's like a little taste & feel of fall!
This sweet treat is just as good if not better than the pumpkin loaf cake, so you know what that means!
I'll be basking in the joy of baking pumpkin pound cake from scratch from now on!
How to Make Pumpkin Pound Cake
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
It's important to add your eggs, 1 at a time, mixing in well after each addition to ensure a great crumb in your cake.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and other spices.
Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, blend. Add 1/3 of canned pumpkin; alternating each addition of flour and pumpkin until all incorporated. When alternating ingredients, you can be sure your batter will be fully developed for deliciousness and ready for your pan!
Pour batter into a well-greased fluted bundt pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting on rack to cool completely.
Baking Tools For Successful Pound Cake
Some baking tools I use to make my pound cake recipes successful are the following:
- Nordic Bundt Pan– I love these pans! Get fluted or a fancy design– it's up to you!
- Measuring Cups and Spoons– I use these all the time. I like the shape of a rectangle measuring spoon because they fit in spice jars a lot easier!
- Cooling rack – is essential for any baker!
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer– makes baking a breeze!
Some Favorite Toppings for Pumpkin Pound Cake
Sometimes, plain is just the way to go. We really like this fall dessert just as it is with no topping at all.
However, if you are an icing or topping type of person when it comes to cake, then here are some tasty suggestions:
- Powdered Sugar is a great way to dress up any dessert. Simply place a 1/4 cup of confectioner sugar into a mesh sieve and by gently tapping the side, cover the top of your baked good.
- You can also top your pumpkin pound cake with a cream cheese glaze.
- I also think topping this bread-like cake with maple pecan glaze would taste amazing too!
This really is the perfect fall dessert or breakfast cake!
If you enjoy making this delicious Pumpkin Pound Cake, please help me share the love by sharing on Facebook and Pinterest!
And be sure to tag us @eatpicks- #eatpicks if you share on Instagram!
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 can, 15 oz. pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In mixer bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing in well after each addition.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and other spices. Add 1/3 of flour mixture, blend. Add 1/3 of canned pumpkin; alternating each addition of flour and pumpkin until all incorporated.
- Pour batter into a well greased fluted bundt pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting on rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g