The best monster chocolate chip cookies are about to hit your plate! This giant-sized cookie recipe is full of delicious chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate, and caramel chips making them a perfect sweet treat!
Classic chocolate chip cookies are a treat in our kitchen, especially during holidays. When I'm baking holiday cookies, like my Nana's Sand Tarts, I always make a batch of extra chocolate chips so picky fingers can find their way to chocolate rather than my holiday cookies!
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
So what makes these giant chocolate chip cookies so good? With much recipe testing, it seems the best combination of chips is the secret to their yummy flavor.
We use the following combos because they bake really well.
If you have a favorite brand or type of chip, that is totally fine! Experiment and see which variety you enjoy the best.
Tools to make the best monster chocolate chips
What makes these the best chocolate chip cookies? For one, these are huge cookies, like the size of your face big. They are also soft and chewy and go perfectly with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee.
Having these kitchen tools are helpful for making these large cookies
- A large cookie sheet or possibly two baking sheets. The reason is because of their larger size, only a few cookies can fit at a time.
- A large cookie scoop. I have this one and it works great at keeping all the cookies a uniform size, which helps them to bake evenly.
- Parchment paper is a must. I use it for almost all of my baking. It helps to keep cookies from sticking to the pan and is also easy to clean up!
How to bake jumbo chocolate chip cookies
Gradually add sugars and beat until fluffy. Now, add your eggs and vanilla and mix completely.
In a separate bowl, add together your dry ingredients and gradually add to the creamy butter mixture and stir until well blended.
Stir in all the chocolate & caramel chips. You may want to use a sturdy wooden spoon for this as the batter will be quite thick and hard to stir.
Drop by 1/4 cupfuls about 3″ apart (or 6 drops per sheet).
Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Let cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack (or dinner plate to keep extra soft).
This monster chocolate chip cookie is NOT low fat!
But when you are craving that ultimate chocolate chip cookie, this big, bad boy is it!
How Do You Stop Cookies From Spreading?
The best way to stop cookies from spreading into a gooey mess on your pan is to chill the cookie dough really well before baking. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour and this should help solve that problem.
Can You Freeze Monster Cookie Dough?
Yes! Freeze dough by scooping and dropping by cookie scoop on the cookie tray as if you are going to bake them. Instead, place the tray in the freezer for about an hour or until no longer sticky.
Once frozen, place cookie mounds in a freezer bag. When you are ready to bake, take one or two mounds of dough or all pieces out of the freezer and bake.
How Do You Tell if Cookie is Done?
You can check if these monster cookies are done baking by touching the edge with your finger or spatula. If the edges are firm, then they are done.
- 1 Cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup shortening
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1-3/4 Cups firmly packed brown sugar, light
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 bag Nestle` Toll House Semi-Sweet Chunks
- 1 bag Nestle` Toll House Milk Chocolate & Caramel morsels, This is very hard to find **see note below
- 1/2 Bag Nestle` Toll House Semi-Sweet Mini-Chips
- Full bag of Nestle Milk Chocolate morsels and about 1/2 cup of Kraft Caramel Bits.
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and shortening until creamy; gradually add sugars and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add gradually to butter mixture until well blended.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls about 3" apart (or 6 drops per sheet).
- Bake 12-15 minutes, (depending on your pan) or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack (or dinner plate to keep extra soft).
** I have had a hard time finding the milk chocolate & caramel swirl chips...so I have been substituting a full bag of Nestle Milk Chocolate morsels and about 1/2 cup of Kraft Caramel Bits.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SMARTAKE 200 Pcs Unbleached Parchment Paper, Rectangle & 100 Pcs 9 Inches Round Baking Sheets for Grilling Air Fryer
Norpro Nylon Nonstick 13-Inch Slotted Spatula
Enjoy Life Foods Semi Sweet Mega-Chunks Chocolate, 10 oz
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Big Sheet
Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 56MM (4 Tablespoons)
Kraft Baking Caramel Bits, 11 oz Bag
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1480Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 635mgCarbohydrates: 294gFiber: 4gSugar: 194gProtein: 15g