Looking for an easy Italian Breaded Chicken recipe? You found it! I've made this easy chicken recipe for as long as I can remember and it is a favorite in our household. It really is the BEST Italian breaded chicken you will ever eat!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission when you make a purchase at NO additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting our site in this way!
The Tradition of Italian Breaded Chicken
Today I will share my recipe for Easy Italian Breaded Chicken. This is a very liberal version of my Mother-in-law's recipe. It is also a recipe that will be thrown together in the “Old-Style” tradition. What do I mean by that? Well, I don't have exact measurements!
One thing I learned as a cook, you can add, omit, change whatever you want to fit your taste. It is totally ok to add more of this or that; whatever will taste good!
What is the secret to juicy Italian breaded chicken?
When making this breaded chicken recipe, I found that dipping in milk helped to keep the chicken juicy and not dried out after baking.
For this baked chicken recipe, I follow this order of breading the chicken:
- Dip in 1 cup milk
- Dip in breadcrumb mixture and pat breadcrumbs on with the back of the spoon. Flip chicken over and do the same on the other side.
What cut of Chicken Can You Use for Italian Breaded Chicken
I love that this easy chicken recipe can use virtually any cut of chicken. I tend to use boneless skinless chicken breast and slice it thin with my chef knife because that's what my family likes. Other options to consider:
Ingredients for The Best Italian Breaded Chicken
What makes this particular recipe the BEST one for breaded chicken? My answer is simple; the type of ingredients used. I have my two favorite brands and they make all the difference.
Other Tools for this breaded chicken recipe
Italian breaded chicken recipe is great for a party, big dinner or family picnic to enjoy with apricot muffins and stuffed strawberries. You can also enjoy as a leftover chicken sandwich, added to a salad, or use as the start of Chicken Parmesan.
- 1-2 lb. Chicken Breast, pounded thin (or you could get cutlets)
- These are all approximates here:
- 1-2 cups seasoned bread crumbs, I use 4C
- 1/2-3/4 cup grated Romano cheese, I use Locatelli
- A generous sprinkle of garlic salt, garlic powder, (~2tsp)
- Salt & Pepper
- A handful of parsley, dried
- Milk for dipping chicken
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add about 2 tablespoons olive oil to a cookie sheet and spread around entire pan.
- Meanwhile in two pie plates, add milk to one and bread crumb mixture to the other. Dip chicken in milk to coat all over.
- Place in breadcrumb mixture and coat well. Place on oiled cookie sheet. Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Turn once and cook for 15 additional minutes.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 698 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 163mg Sodium: 1572mg Carbohydrates: 59g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 69g