Searching for the best back to school tips for the new school year can be a bit overwhelming especially in this day and age. We put together a quick list of some things that most parents and students are searching for this year and hope that it helps to make your back to school shopping easier!
Back to school tips:1 finding a deal
Shop Early– Most back to school shopping happens in mid-July through August, however, this year shopping has been pushed back as parents and students try to navigate through decisions of starting the school year with virtual learning or being in the classroom. Here are items found on Amazon and other retailers to make the process a bit less stressful.
- Wireless Printer– So many choices for wireless printers! I use an Epson and have been happy and had no problems with it, but I think I lucked out based on the reviews! If I were to get a new printer, I would pick the best selling HP ENVY Wireless Printer at under $85, it does everything!
- Tablet or Ipad– Maybe you won't need a computer, but a tablet would work. There are many versions to choose from, but right now, you can get a Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet, 7″ Display, 16 GB for $99
- Charger/power surge protector I really love this all in one power strip! It is SO HANDY, especially when you have more electronics being used in the household. My favorite part is the charging ports on the end- this has saved me more times than I can say when the little cube plug goes missing!
- Headphones – These noise canceling headphones are the best back to school tips deal of the day in my opinion! This is 2pack headphone set are only $26.99 . Use the $2 coupon, and it brings the cost down to $24.99 making these only $12.50 each! Headphones are great for computer or tablet work and are useful for car travel too!
Be sure to also check out our post for your back to school checklist for 8 must have items!
Back to School Tips 2: Create a comfortable work area
Creating a designated work space allows for more concentration and better work habits. This space doesn't have to be fancy or take up a lot of room.
- Desk Pad– Use a blotter or desk pad to help protect the surface of your table or desk with this amazing desk pad I found on Amazon! It's under $15 and has over 3,000 5-star ratings!!
- Journal/Planner– A journal or student planner is a great tool to keep parents and students organized with schedules and important dates. We have a great post showcasing some of our favorite planners for school, life, and budgets too!
- Supplies will be needed whether you decide to have school virtually or back in the physical classroom. Students will need pens, pencils, notebooks, and more.
Back to School Tips 3: Include Hygiene Items
- Hand Sanitizer is important to have on hand when soap and water are not an option. You can stock up on hand sanitizer to have for the whole year. I have a bottle of Klean+ and I really like the smell and the pump spray too.
- Phone Sanitizer do you want a quick way to sanitize your phone? Try this UV light sanitizer for the phone or use this UV-Clean portable sanitizer bag! You can fit your keys, glasses, phone, watch, etc, it will sanitize it!
- Face masks are becoming more of the norm, especially if required to wear them inside. I shared my favorite reusable face masks I found on Etsy before in our newsletter, but will share a link again here.
- Disposable face masks/gloves if you don't have a reusable mask, no worries. I also have a box of these disposable masks in my medicine cabinet for a “just in case.”
- Water bottle if you like the stainless steel vacuum water bottles, this is a great one to use. If you prefer a plastic PBA-Free water bottle, I like this one by Camelbak- it doesn't leak!!
- Soap/wipes(baby wipes)
- Personal labels for stuff like facemasks, clothes, water bottles, lunch box, and anything you need to label.
Name Bubbles has this deal happening now: Save 30% on all Face Mask Labels + Iron-On Clothing Labels with code FACEMASK until 9/30.
Back to School Tips 4: Maintain Healthy Habits
- Make a daily schedule to keep track of what needs to be completed for the day. Include important things like doctor visits, special events, and holidays or create a back to school vision board to set goals for the year!
- Make Lunch/snack time together! I really liked volume one of the Magnolia Table cookbook, but Volume 2 is really good too! It's on sale right now on Amazon for $13.87- 60% off!! At this price, you can get one for you and stock up on a few for Christmas gifts!! We have other Back to school snacks ideas in this blog post too.
- Easy recipes to make together can be fun and tasty. Use recipes from your cookbook or try one of our easy recipes like Mason jar tuna salad or use our Italian breaded chicken recipe to make chicken tenders (just cut into strips before baking). Want a couple of set and forget recipes? Crockpot Mac and Cheese and Barbecue Crockpot Chicken are our two favorites!
- Exercise is important so be sure to take a break to stretch, move, or go for a walk even if it is just around the block! Track your steps with a Fitbit!