Baked Chicken Pesto Pockets are full of flavorful shredded chicken, basil pesto, and baked in a flaky crust. Make this easy chicken pesto recipe as a quick and delicious meal.
Creamy chicken pesto with peas
This creamy chicken pesto recipe is perfect to add to any weekly meal plan. Using just a few simple ingredients, you can have a really filling dish for a busy night or a quick lunch on the go.
Fresh pesto or jarred pesto will work great with this meal as well as a rotisserie chicken! Easy peasy!
Baked chicken pesto pockets
I love baking savory recipes in puffed pastry and the combination of chicken, pesto, peas, and a small pinch of grated cheese just makes each bite taste fancy.
- Puff pastry, both sheets thawed as per package
- Cooked chicken, shredded
- Prepared pesto jarred or fresh
- Frozen peas
- 1 egg
- Grated pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- Salt & pepper
Easy & delicious recipe instructions
Remove puffed pastry from the box and allow to thaw for at least 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Carefully unfold puff pastry sheets and with a sharp knife, cut them into 4 squares. Place a square on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper and with a floured rolling pin, roll into a 7x 9 rectangle. Repeat with remaining squares and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, pesto, frozen peas, 1 Tablespoon of Romano cheese, salt and pepper. Stir all the ingredients well.
Place 1/2 cup of filling onto the center of the bottom half of each pastry rectangle, and then fold the top half over the mixture. Press edges of pastry together and seal with tines of a fork.
Place on parchment lined pan and brush with egg wash. Top with remaining Tablespoon of grated cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 1 box frozen puff pastry, both sheets thawed as per package
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup prepared pesto (jarred is fine)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp grated pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Carefully unfold puff pastry and with a sharp knife, cut into 4 squares. Place a square on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper and with a floured rolling pin, roll into 7”x 9” rectangle.
- Repeat with remaining squares and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix chicken, pesto, frozen peas, 1 Tablespoon of Romano cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place 1/2 cup of filling onto the center of bottom half of each pastry rectangle. Carefully fold top half over mixture. Press edges of pastry together and seal with tines of fork.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Top with remaining Tablespoon of grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hotec 5 pieces Set Basting Brushes Silicone Heat Resistant Pastry Brushes Spread Oil Butter Sauce Marinades for BBQ Grill Barbecue Baking Kitchen Cooking BPA Free Dishwasher Safe (Multicolor)
Pepperidge Farm, Puff Pastry Sheets, 17.3 oz (Frozen)
Classico Traditional Basil Pesto Sauce & Spread (8.1 oz Jar)
YOUTAI Oven Mitts and Pot Holders, 4PCS Oven Mitts Set, Heat Resistant up to 572 F/300°C Non-Slip Food Grade Kitchen Mitten Silicone Cooking Gloves for Kitchen, BBQ Cooking Baking Grilling
SMARTAKE 200 Pcs Unbleached Parchment Paper, Rectangle & 100 Pcs 9 Inches Round Baking Sheets for Grilling Air Fryer
USA Pan Bakeware Quarter Sheet Pan, Warp Resistant Nonstick Baking Pan, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 607Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g