Crockpot Loaded Baked Potato Soup is just what you need when it's cold outside your window. Full of creamy potatoes, cheese, crispy bacon, and chopped scallions, this hearty loaded baked potato soup in a crock pot hits the spot.
Soup is the Greatest Comfort Food
I'm going to share a recipe for loaded baked potato soup that you can easily prepare in the crockpot. This appliance cooks for you making lunch or dinner a breeze!
I think I've mentioned before how much I love soup. It is one of my favorite comfort foods.
When you have a good, hearty soup, it will leave a lasting impression as you try desperately to duplicate it on your own stove until you get the flavors just right.
Not that I would know this or anything…
THIS loaded baked potato soup in slow cooker is FULL of goodness from the first spoonful to the last. It is surprisingly creamy, especially since it has no cream in it.
Easy Potato Soup Recipe
The best part of this loaded baked potato recipe is the fact that your crockpot and an immersion blender do all the work. You can prepare before heading for work or after you prep the coffee pot to brew your morning joe, you can set it up for dinner.
Ingredients for loaded baked potato soup
- 5-8 large Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves, minced
- 64 oz. chicken broth
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- Cooked bacon, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions
Helpful tools to make crock pot potato soup
You will only need a few tools to have success with this recipe and you most likely already have them in your kitchen.
- Crockpot or Slow Cooker– This is the main cooking item you will need to make a crock pot loaded potato soup recipe! It can be an oval crockpot or round one, it does not matter.
- Immersion Blender is a really handy tool to have. It is great for gravy, soups, and smoothies! Any time you want a creamy texture and don't want to drag out the blender, this is the perfect gadget.
- Peeler most of us remember the metal potato peeler we used at grandma's, right? Well, after working in a kitchenware store, I learned what chefs prefer and that is a horizontal peeler!
Creamy loaded baked potato soup instructions
Combine potatoes, onions, garlic, chicken broth, and bouillon cubes in your crockpot. Cook on high for 5 hours (or low for about 8) until potatoes are fork tender.
With an immersion blender, begin to puree soup mixture. Cut cream cheese into thirds and add to potato mixture and blend until completely smooth.
Toppings for potato soup
Serve with your favorite baked potato toppings;
- crumbled bacon
- green onions
- sour cream
I love cheese and bacon on my baked potatoes, so this is my choice of toppings, but you can get really creative; maybe add some roasted garlic, broccoli or dollop of salsa…it's really a blank canvas ready for your taste creation.
If you have a day of winter hiking, this recipe is perfect to warm you up when you get home!
When the wind is howling and you think to yourself “today would be a great day for soup!”, and I am here to say yes, today is a perfect day for soup!
- Combine potatoes, onions, garlic, chicken broth, and bouillon cubes in your crockpot. Cook on high for 5 hours (or low for about 8) until potatoes are fork tender.
- With immersion blender, begin to puree soup mixture. Cut cream cheese into thirds and add to potato mixture and blend until completely smooth.
- If you do not have an immersion blender, you can do same process in a food processor or blender.
- Serve with your favorite baked potato toppings; crumbled bacon, cheese, green onions, sour cream, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Eslite Large Soup Spoons/Stainless Steel Bouillion Spoons,12-Piece,7.7 Inches
Kuhn Rikon 3-Set Original Swiss Peeler, Red/Green/Yellow
Euro Ceramica Zanzibar Collection Pasta Bowls, Set of 4, Spanish Floral Design, Multicolor Blue
Zulay Premium 12 Inch Stainless Steel Ladle with Long Handle and Ample Bowl Capacity Perfect for Stirring, Serving Soups Heavy-Duty Metal Ladle
Crock-pot Oval Manual Slow Cooker, 8 quart, Stainless Steel (SCV800-S)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 1708mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g
Orignial Post 12/26/18
Updated Post 10/24/20