Crockpot Loaded Baked Potato Soup is just what you need when it’s cold outside your window. When the wind is howling and you think to yourself “today would be a great day for soup!”, and I am here to say yes, today is a perfect day for soup!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission when you make a purchase at NO additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting our site in this way!
Soup is the Greatest Comfort Food
I’m going to share a recipe for loaded baked potato soup that you can prepare in the crockpot and best of all, have that appliance cook for you.
I think I mentioned a few posts back how much I love soup. It is one of my favorite comfort foods. When you have a good, hearty soup, it will leave a lasting impression as you try desperately to duplicate it on your own stove until you get the flavors just right. Not that I would know this or anything…
But if a soup is not that good? Well, that leaves an impression too. One that makes you never want to have it again. This recipe does NOT fall in the latter category, thank goodness.
Nope, THIS loaded baked potato soup is FULL of goodness from the first spoonful to the last. It is surprisingly creamy, especially since it has no cream in it.
Easy Soup Recipe
The best part of this loaded baked potato recipe is the fact that your crockpot does all the work. You can prepare before heading for work or, if you are snowed in, after you prep the coffee pot to brew your morning joe, you can set it up for dinner. Yep- throw everything in and in a matter of hours, you have a delicious bowl of soup ready for an easy dinner.
If you’re pressed for time, maybe try an Instant Pot to quicken the process!
I love cheese and bacon on my baked potatoes, so this is my choice of toppings, but you can get really creative; maybe add some roasted garlic, broccoli or dollop of salsa…it’s really a blank canvas ready for your taste creation.
- 5-8 large Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves, minced
- 64 oz. chicken broth
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- Cooked bacon, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions
- Combine potatoes, onions, garlic, chicken broth, and bouillon cubes in your crockpot. Cook on high for 5 hours (or low for about 8) until potatoes are fork tender.
- With immersion blender, begin to puree soup mixture. Cut cream cheese into thirds and add to potato mixture and blend until completely smooth.
- If you do not have an immersion blender, you can do same process in a food processor or blender.
- Serve with your favorite baked potato toppings; crumbled bacon, cheese, green onions, sour cream, etc.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 451 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 1708mg Carbohydrates: 69g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 14g
If you have a day of winter hiking, this recipe is perfect to warm you up when you get home!
Try our other favorite recipes: