I know, fried anything is bad for you. But this recipe is just so good, that every now and then I think it is ok to indulge in this flavor that is salty and earthy and full of just plain goodness.
Want to do more with cauliflower? It can be prepared many ways and this book will give you some more ideas on how to serve it: Cauliflower Cookbook: Quick & Easy Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Fried Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 head fresh cauliflower (good for 4 people)
- olive oil
- Trim off bottom of cauliflower. Cut into bite-sized pieces (like broccoli).
- Steam until fork tender.
- In medium frying pan, place about 3 tablespoons of olive oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Place steamed cauliflower pieces into heated oil.
- Cook until cauliflower browns, stirring occasionally. If stirred too much, cauliflower will break into small pieces. (Note: our family likes the small pieces)
This fried cauliflower recipe was a staple in my house while growing up and if you didn’t fill your plate with it the first go around, chances are you would be handing an empty plate back to the kitchen. The best pieces are the really, really dark brown pieces, or as my dad would say, “The burnt ones are the best.” Enjoy!