Quick and easy avocado black bean salsa with corn is perfect for dipping chips or to serve as a tasty side dish. Full of black beans, avocado, and corn makes this healthy dip great for game day snacks.
Black Bean Salsa Dip
Are you still using salsa out of a jar? What if there was a recipe that used only one tomato and the end result was so tasty you could eat it by the spoonful?
Well, you are in luck! This quick black bean salsa dip is just the dish you are looking for! It's super easy and tastes great as a dip, side, or topping.
I love salsa and avocado on just about everything. To have avocado smashed on toast with a little bit of salt? Yum.
Salsa on the side with my scrambled eggs? So, so good! And, let me tell you, both are awesome on baked potatoes.
The sad truth about winter – there are no fresh tomatoes in my neck of the woods, which also means fresh salsa is not made as often as I like. The other day, I had a few avocados that were on their last day of being ripe, a tomato that needed to be cut, and a can of black beans to make our easy black bean burritos for dinner when an aha moment struck!
Tools to make black bean corn avocado salsa
- Avocado cutting tool- like this avocado tool on Amazon. It makes pitting and slicing very easy!
- Can opener– To open the cans of beans and corn.
- Paring Knife to chop and dice your ingredients.
- Cutting Board– My favorite is the Epicurean line because they are great for your knives and can go into the dishwasher!
- Bowl– to mix all your salsa ingredients.
Avocado Black Bean Salsa Ingredients
Grabbed a can of corn, jalapeño pepper, and a lime and you will soon be in business. Here's what else you will need:
- black beans drained and rinsed
- whole kernel corn, drained
- beefsteak tomato or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- fresh cilantro washed and chopped (or fresh parsley)
- red onion, diced
- fresh lime juice
- red wine vinegar
- avocados, diced
Related recipes: Game Day Guacamole, Avocado Chocolate Mousse, Black Bean Burritos, Steak Tacos, Chili Lime Chicken Thighs, Homemade Empanadas, Power Eggs Breakfast, Chicken Chili, Crockpot Enchiladas
Tip for fresh corn bean avocado salsa
Use fresh herbs for the best result for this salsa. Fresh cilantro or fresh curly Italian will work. The key here is to make sure it’s fresh.
Dried parsley will not have a strong enough flavor to match up with the other ingredients.
This stuff was so good; a little zip from the pepper was balanced with the sweet crunch of corn, the firm bite from the beans complimented by the creamy avocado and the fresh flavor punch from the lime was a party in my mouth.
Quick Avocado Black Bean Salsa Directions
Combine all ingredients, (except the avocado) together in a glass bowl and stir well.
Gently fold in diced avocado into mixture.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge at least 2 hours.
Salsa serving suggestions
This black bean salsa went perfect with my morning eggs! Try these options too:
- On top of a spring greens salad
- Dip for tortilla chips or cut veggies
- Topping for baked potato
- Serve on tacos
I love this fresh salsa and I know you will too!
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get all the latest posts straight to your inbox!
DID YOU MAKE THIS? PLEASE RATE THIS RECIPE BELOW!
- 1 can, 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can, 11oz whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 beefsteak tomato or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, washed and chopped (or fresh parsley)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 avocados, diced
- Combine all ingredients, except avocado together in a glass bowl and stir well.
- Gently fold in avocado into the mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Taco Tuesday Cookbook: 52 Tasty Taco Recipes to Make Every Week the Best Ever
Euro Ceramica Zanzibar Collection Pasta Bowls, Set of 4, Spanish Floral Design, Multicolor Blue
Tostitos Crispy Rounds Tortilla Chips, 3 Ounce (Pack of 28)
Norpro 1065 Tortilla Keeper, One Size, As Shown
Joie Fresh Pod Avocado Keeper Storage Container
OXO Good Grips 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 8gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Original Post: 1/16/15- Updates include helpful tips, new photos