Chocolate Nutella cookies are a very tasty twist on the traditional sugar cookie recipe. Full of chocolatey hazelnut flavor, rolled in sugar, these chewy cookies are a great treat to keep in the cookie jar!
If you love hazelnut and chocolate, then you are going to love this Nutella sugar cookie recipe. These are so so chewy and soft and taste amazing when dunked in milk!
I first tried this cookie recipe after watching a Food Network Halloween holiday episode. The original recipe rolled the cookie balls in orange sugar and placed a Hershey Kiss on top like a peanut butter blossom cookie.
I did not have orange sugar or candy kisses, so I decided to bake them like our soft easy sugar cookie recipe, only adding Nutella chocolate!
Nutella filled cookies are so yummy, especially warm, right from the oven!
To make chocolate Nutella cookies, you will need:
- Nutella- chocolate- hazelnut spread that has been a family favorite for years!
- Flour– all-purpose flour works great for this cookie.
- Sugar– I like granular sugar because it bakes and sticks to cookie balls really well.
- Brown sugar – if you want lighter cookies, use light brown sugar, if darker cookie, dark brown. As far as flavor, it doesn't make a difference which one you use.
- Baking soda – an ingredient that is important when it comes to baking!
- Butter – I like using salted butter with this recipe to bring out the rich chocolate flavor!
- Egg – Just 1 egg is needed!
- Vanilla- Pure vanilla extract is best. If you want to try making your own vanilla, we have a great recipe for homemade vanilla!
Make sure to preheat your oven ahead of time to 375 degrees.
Whenever I bake cookies like our brown sugar shortbread or monster chocolate chip cookies, I always line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat because it creates a non-stick surface and is easy to clean up.
In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, or in your stand mixer, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until smooth.
Add egg and vanilla, and mix well.
Add Nutella and mix until creamy.
Gradually add dry ingredients until combined into a nice workable cookie dough.
With a cookie scoop or spoon, make walnut size balls and roll in sugar. Place cookie balls on a parchment-lined tray.
Bake for 8 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
If you enjoy making chewy chocolate Nutella sugar cookies, please let me know in the comments! I love chatting with you over good food! You can also follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM.
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, or in your stand mixer, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add Nutella and mix until creamy.
- Gradually add dry ingredients until combined into a nice workable cookie dough.
- With a cookie scoop or spoon, make walnut size balls and roll in sugar.
- Place cookie balls on a parchment-lined tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- YOUTAI Oven Mitts and Pot Holders, 4PCS Oven Mitts Set, Heat Resistant up to 572 F/300°C Non-Slip Food Grade Kitchen Mitten Silicone Cooking Gloves for Kitchen, BBQ Cooking Baking Grilling
- Kitchen Dish Towels with Vintage Design for Kitchen Decor Super Absorbent 100% Natural Cotton Kitchen Towels (Size: 25.5 x 15.5 inches) White with Red, Green and Blue, 13-Pack
- Home Basics Tin Kitchen Food Storage Organization Canister Collection (Cookie Jar with Cover, Ivory)
- USA Pan Bakeware Quarter Sheet Pan, Warp Resistant Nonstick Baking Pan, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
- Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, Perfect Topping for Pancakes, 26.5 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Original Post 3/15/10
Updated Post 4/18/20