Matcha tea latte at home is super easy to make with water and a little bit of organic matcha green tea powder. We found one of the best mixes around and know you will love making this special healthy tea.
The last time I tried matcha was at a local shop in a small town near me. They specialized in all types of tea and honey, and on that particularly cold day, I decided to try it. It was good while still very hot but as it cooled I didn't care for the taste.
I haven't had it since, until now.
What is matcha latte?
Matcha latte is a drink that is made from matcha powder (finely ground leaves from green tea plants), water, and milk. It can be unsweetened or slightly sweetened with sugar or honey. To make this tea in a traditional manner, you do need a few special tools.
But, what I liked about this matcha drink, was it requires that you only have hot water and a mug to put it in. I used my favorite Powerlix milk frother to mix it which was perfect and I was ready for my first sip!
Matcha latte ingredients
Organic matcha latte ingredients are a combination of green tea, organic mushroom extracts from Turkey Tail mushrooms and cordyceps mushrooms, and organic coconut milk powder. It is vegan, GMO-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free too.
- Matcha latte pre-measured packet
- Water heated to just under boiling
- Milk if you want a little bit of foam on top (totally optional)
Tools for making this super wellness beverage
- PowerLix Milk Frother is the perfect handheld foam maker for latte, cappuccino, and hot chocolate. It comes in a ton of colors and has its own stand! It worked great mixing my matcha tea latte.
- Bamboo whisk is the traditional tool used to make matcha green tea.
- Matcha tea bowl or mug, like the handmade teacup that I received! It is truly stunning and so comfortable to hold! Each is custom made and unique to each recipient!
How to make matcha latte at home
I absolutely LOVE the ease and flavor of the Teonan Matcha Latte mix! It is slightly sweet from the organic coconut sugar and tastes very good. Much better than the matcha I had years ago. The best part is I can make it right in my own kitchen!
- Open the matcha latte envelope packet and empty the powder into your cup.
- Pour hot water from your tea kettle into the cup.
- Mix with a green tea whisk, milk frother, or spoon.
Green tea sample pack
I was really pleasantly surprised at how good this green tea drink turned out to be. I also tried the turmeric latte which was also delicious! Grab a sample pack.
I'm going to add this to my gift list for my tea-loving friends!
What does matcha taste like
Matcha green tea is a very earthy tea that can smell and taste like grass to some. You can soften the bitter undertones by serving it with almond milk, coconut milk, or half and half and a little honey.
What I like about the Teonan mix is it has organic coconut milk and sugar powder that helps to slightly sweeten it. The added mushroom extract also balances the flavor nicely making each sip divine.
Is matcha tea served iced or hot
The beautiful thing about this green tea is it can be served hot or cold! I know I've seen a Starbucks iced matcha and you can even get a matcha latte at Dunkin too!
I am now off to order more of this yummy matcha green tea mix and look forward to some cozy mornings sipping from my new favorite cup!
- 1 packet of Teonan Matcha Latte mix
- 8 oz. hot water
- Frothed milk (optional)
- Bring 8 oz. water to a boil in a kettle.
- While water is heating, empty matcha tea latte mix in a cup.
- Pour hot water over green tea mixture.
- Stir with a spoon, bamboo whisk, or milk frother.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Java Sok Reusable Hot Coffee Cup Sleeve for Hot Coffee and Tea from Starbucks Coffee, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, More (English Garden Picnic)
Gibson Elite 98760.01R Luxembourg Handpainted 14" Serving Platter, Blue and Cream w/Floral Designs
Mueller Premium 1500W Electric Kettle with SpeedBoil Tech, 1.8 Liter Cordless with LED Light, Borosilicate Glass, Auto Shut-Off and Boil-Dry Protection
Ekavya Tea Cosy Kitchen Accessories Blue Tea Cozy Kettle Cover Cover Traditional Tea Quilt Floral Warmer Home Decorative Tea Cozies Tea Cozy Abstract TeaPot Cotton Insulated Tea Pot Kitchen Decor
Mr Coffee Claredale Stainless Steel Whistling Tea Kettle, 2.2 Quarts, Red
BambooWorx Japanese Tea Set, Matcha Whisk (Chasen), Traditional Scoop (Chashaku), Tea Spoon, The Perfect Set to Prepare a Traditional Cup of Matcha.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 21g