Keto blueberry mug cake is full of fresh blueberries, lemon zest, and flavor! This is quick to make and satisfies your sweet cravings while sticking to your low carb or gluten-free diet plan!
When I started researching the Keto diet, I realized it was something I could follow loosely and still feel like I was eating foods I enjoyed. If you want to measure your level of Ketosis, I just found this awesome pen-like device called Keyto that is super easy to use!
What could I do to satisfy this need and still stay on track?
Make a Mug Cake!
Coconut Flour And Almond Flour
If using almond flour only, your berries would sink to the bottom.
That is not a bad thing – if you like berries on the bottom!
Keto Blueberry Mug Cake
Fresh blueberries and a little bit of lemon zest really pack a punch of flavor in these keto-friendly muffins. They are perfect for a quick breakfast or to have as an afternoon snack.
I love this recipe because it only takes about 5 minutes to put together and cook.
Did I tell you it's made in the microwave oven? Super easy and super quick.
Keto Mug Cake Tips
- Use a large mug. I like using the “You are Here” Starbucks mugs because they're big, but you can grab a large mug quick off Amazon.
- Have a plate handy to dump your mug cake onto. Be careful when you take it out of the microwave, it's going to be hot!
- Eat your blueberry mug cake soon after making it as it will taste best then. Smear with a pat of butter or cream cheese.
How to Make A Perfect Keto Mug Cake
- Place butter in your mug, then in the microwave oven.
- Swirl melted butter around so it coats the sides of the mug a little. This will help with sticking.
- Mix your dry ingredients and add them to the mug. The batter will be thick, so stir completely.
- Next, add in your fresh blueberries and a bit of lemon zest. Fold into the batter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and allow mug cake to rest before plating. Your muffin will puff up while cooking due to the baking powder, so letting it rest will give it time to deflate a little.
Make sure to use your Keyto pen to measure your levels of ketosis.
If you're looking for other low-carb or gluten-free recipes, be sure to check out our recipes! We want you to stay on track and help you reach your goals!
Helpful Kitchen Tools to make this recipe
- Zester for lemon. I like and use this Microplane all the time.
- Measuring spoons. I use these- the rectangular shape makes it easy to get into spice jars!
If you try this Blueberry Lemon Keto Mug Cake recipe, I would love it if you would share on Pinterest or Facebook!
If you are on Instagram, you can also tag us @eatpicks and #eatpicks
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 5 fresh blueberries
- Place dry ingredients in a large microwave-safe mug and stir together with a fork.
- Add egg, butter, olive oil, and extract. Mix well.
- Add fresh blueberries and lemon zest and fold gently into the batter.
- Place mug in microwave and heat for 1 minute 15 seconds. If the top of mug does not look cooked, continue to cook in 15-second increments. The top should be soft to the touch.
- Carefully remove mug from microwave and place upside-down on a plate. Let muffin fall to the plate.
- Slice mug muffin in half and toast and spread with butter or cream cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g