This Easy strawberry almond mug muffin recipe is the perfect treat to add to your Keto or gluten-free meal plan. These quick muffins are made in the microwave and are bursting with fresh strawberry and almond flavor. Grab your favorite coffee mug and with a few simple ingredients, you will have a tasty breakfast in no time!
Adjusting to a Low-Carb Meal Plan
But, and I will not lie, this is a BIG BUT, I had to give up bread and pasta.
This was not good because I love my pasta and bread! The other sacrifice I had to come to terms with was giving up sweets.
Low-Carb Friendly Mug Muffins are Simple to Make
Typically, I have eggs every morning for breakfast with my coffee. Needing a change, I decided to look up a Keto-friendly muffin and realized not much was available!
There are plenty of mug cakes, which we will recipe test soon, but no mug muffins.
This was a recipe challenge I decided to take on so I could enjoy a muffin once again! The best part about this recipe is the fact that our strawberry almond mug muffin is cooked in the microwave!
In about a 1 minute, you can have a breakfast muffin that is low-carb, keto and gluten-free!
What Do You Need to Make Strawberry Almond Mug Muffins
- fresh strawberries
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- almond extract
- butter/olive oil
- Mix dry ingredients in a large microwave-safe mug
- Add dry ingredients
- add liquid ingredients
- Stir until blended
- add fruit and fold in gently
- cook in microwave
- remove to plate
- cut in half and toast
- spread butter and enjoy!
Looking for More Keto Mug Muffin Recipes?
We have some amazing varieties of this mug muffin-like Lemon “Poppyseed”, or Lemon Blueberry and more!
Not on a meal plan, but still want a delicious muffin recipe?
Then try our amazing Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins. It’s full of goodness through and through.
Other Keto Friendly Recipes to try:
Are you trying Keto or a low-carb plan?
Need more sweets? My friend Lynsey has a fantastic Keto Strawberry Cookie!
We have a fantastic FREE Keto Shopping List printable for our subscribers! Sign up and get your Keto-Friendly shopping list!
If you enjoy making this delicious strawberry almond mug muffin, please help me share the love by sharing on Facebook and Pinterest!
And be sure to tag us @eatpicks- #eatpicks if you share on Instagram!
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 fresh strawberries, diced
- Place dry ingredients in a large microwave safe mug and stir together with a fork.
- Add egg, butter, olive oil and extracts. Mix well.
- Add chopped strawberries and fold gently into the batter.
- Place mug in microwave and heat for 1 minute 15 seconds. If top of mug does not look cooked, continue to cook in 15 second increments. Top should be soft to the touch.
- Carefully remove mug from microwave and place upside-down on a plate. Let muffin fall to plate.
- Slice mug muffin in half and toast and spread with butter.