A No-Bake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake you ask? And our reply is a resounding Yes! This recipe is so easy you will wonder why you haven’t made it before. It’s perfect to welcome in the summer because this cake requires one important rule; no oven.
Ice Cream is Perfect Hot Weather Dessert
This deliciousness made its way to my heart years ago when a neighbor brought it to a cookout. After desserts were served, I took a small slice of this cake and fell hard.
It was so good, I went back to help myself to a second piece and it was gone!
I asked for the recipe and was completely surprised that it was made with only 3 items!
- Ice cream sandwiches
- Cool Whip
- Hot fudge sauce.
What? That’s it?!
Yep. That’s it.
No-Bake Cake is Fast and Easy to Make
Ice cream sandwiches have come a long way since I was a kid. The only flavor options were vanilla ice cream unless you were extremely lucky to find the rare ones filled with chocolate.
Now you can find not only vanilla and chocolate, but strawberry, mint chocolate chip, cookies and cream, and well, you get the idea. If you are vegan or have some dietary limitation, there is an option for you too.
What Type of Pan Can You Use to Make This Ice Cream Cake?
You can use any square or rectangular pan, but I favor using glass Pyrex. It allows you to see the layers when you slice into the cake and I think every kitchen should have a set of this bakeware.
Fun variety of options would be a bundt or tube cake pan, pie plate or make a super layered version in a loaf pan! Let your imagination run wild!
Honestly, any pan will work because you can cut the ice cream sandwiches to fit any size or shape pan you’re using! How is that for easy?!
I will share the recipe here written out with photos, but if you want to print out your recipe, there will be an option to do that at the bottom of this post. Ready to make No-Bake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake? Yay!
No-Bake Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 1 box of 12 ice cream sandwiches (your favorite flavor and brand) I used Hood Brand.
- 1 12 oz. jar Smuckers Hot fudge sauce (or your favorite brand)
- 1 10 oz. container Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
Place unwrapped ice cream sandwiches in a square or rectangular dish. It can be any size, (8×8, 9×9, 9×13) depending on how large of a cake you want to make.
For this recipe, I used an 8×8 Pyrex pan, which fits about 8 sandwiches.
Warm the hot fudge sauce so it can be easily poured from the jar. Spread evenly over top of ice cream sandwiches.
You can warm the hot fudge sauce on the stove in a pan filled half-way with water, or you can microwave it for 20-30 seconds at a time. Be sure to stir the sauce to make sure there are not pockets of really hot sauce.
Place dish in the freezer for 15 minutes so fudge sauce can set. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and top with Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream.
For an added bonus, you can drizzle chocolate syrup on top. I like Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup, but you can use your favorite!
So good, and SO EASY!
When you master this recipe, you should really try our other summertime favorite No-Churn Cherry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream recipe too!
If you enjoy making this delicious no-bake ice cream sandwich cake recipe, please help me share the love by sharing on Facebook and Pinterest!
And be sure to tag us @eatpicks- #eatpicks if you share on Instagram!
Here is the printable recipe:
- 1 12 count box of Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 12 oz. jar hot fudge sauce
- 1 10oz container Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
- Chocolate syrup to drizzle (optional)
- Unwrap ice cream sandwiches and place in serving dish. Fill space as best you can.
- Warm up hot fudge sauce enough to pour on top of sandwiches.
- Spread sauce evenly over top of sandwiches.
- Place dish in freezer for at least 15 minutes to set. Can remain in freezer until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top with Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup (optional)
This is one of our favorite summertime desserts! Mix it up with different flavored ice cream sandwiches or ice cream cookie sandwiches.
- Pyrex 4.8-qt Oblong Baking Dish with Red Lid
- Norpro Nylon Nonstick 13-Inch Slotted Spatula
- Pink Checkered Gingham 6 Pack Premium Disposable Plastic Tablecloth 54 Inch. x 108 Inch. Rectangle Table Cover By Grandipity
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 197 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 114mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18g Protein: 2g