Are you searching how to create easy back to school vision board? Then you are in the right place! We work on this fun project before school begins and it is a great way to have goals available in a visual way.
Truth be told, I have always loved this time of year. Nothing beats fresh new notebooks, pencils, and supplies.
Now that my kids are in college, shopping for certain items have dropped off our list, however, new items have replaced the empty slots, like planning for setting up learning space with a desk & chair, and finding good deals, and more.
We compiled a great post of our top back to school tips based on our experiences!
Last year, I noticed poster board, Scotch™ Brand Tape, and Post-it® Brand products inched their way to the top. I was curious as to why this phenomenon was happening and my college students replied very matter-of-fact, “Vision Board!”
Vision Board Goals
They said creating Vision Boards helped to keep their goals fresh and fun. Sometimes they would make small boards for semester goals, other times they would be larger for monthly, yearly, or life goals.
My oldest student said she liked to make hers into Goals for 1 year…5 years…10 years. She shared “I always use Scotch™ Brand Tape and have started filling in goals with the awesome colors of Post-it® Brand products if I can’t find inspirational wording in the magazines.”
I knew my kids were smart, but this was actually pretty brilliant!
How to Make a Vision Board
I was so in love with this idea that I asked her to make a back to school vision board with me. She would do one for school and I would do one for work and the results were fantastic!
Our Favorite Tools For Vision Boards
- Tape- Scotch Tape or Double Sided Tape works great!
- Scissors- I really like Fiskar Scissors – they stay sharp for a long time.
- Poster Board– Stock up on this for future DIY projects too!
- Colored Poster Board– Sometimes, it's great to have color boards for projects.
- Glue Sticks– if the tape doesn't work, glue sticks work well too.
- Markers– Another great item to have on hand- even for those who love planners! (Like these Life Planners!)
- Sharpie Markers– Perfect for vision boards and filling out mailing envelopes!
- Washi Tape– Easy decorating option to add some flare to your Vision Board or Planner!
- Magazines– lots of inspiration from old magazines!
First, we made sure all our items were ready to go.
Next, we cut out photos, phrases, and words that reflected the goals we wanted to accomplish.
Next, we placed everything on the vision board to see if we liked how they were arranged and moved a few things until we liked the flow.
Using our Scotch™ Brand Tape, we folded it onto itself and stuck it on the back of our cutouts.
And finally, dressed up a few Post-it® Brand items with the year, “Goals” and decorated with Washi Tape.
This was a super fun vision board project to do together and was really a great way for me as a parent to see what goals my young adults are striving to accomplish and how they prepare for success, by going beyond the basics.
Have you ever made a vision board? What goals would you include? Do you use a life planner?
Now it's time for an easy snack like this 3-Step Homemade Trail Mix !