This is a very easy chicken pot pie recipe that you can make for dinner during a busy week. Maybe you have been cleaning up fall leaves all day and you’re looking for a cozy weekend meal; well let me tell you, this recipe works for that too.
The Best Fall Comfort Foods
When the air turns crisp, it’s time to break out all the stops and load up the pantry for comfort food recipes. This easy chicken pot pie recipe is one I keep handy for days where time seems to pass faster than I realize and need to get dinner started quickly.
This was the case yesterday. I worked all day and around 3 o’clock, realized I still had to make a run to the grocery store. I picked up a couple fresh rotisserie chickens, a can of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup, a Pillsbury Pie Crust, and the rest of the items on my list for the week. I know- you are probably going to ask “Kelly, why didn’t you make everything from scratch?!” and I will say because I did not have the time. I can be a purist when it comes to pie crust, but I did not have any homemade crust stashed in the freezer & my hangry self needed food, and fast.
Sometimes it’s okay to skip a step or two…
Would I have liked to make my whole chicken pot pie from scratch? Of course! You can’t beat using the perfect roasted chicken with homemade crust and creamy gravy filling. But, when it comes to crunching time, throwing together the essential ingredients, even if they are store bought, still has a very tasty outcome. Using Pillsbury Pie Crust, Campbell’s Soup and frozen vegetables, not only saves you time, it is a cozy meal you can enjoy with your family and I guarantee it will be on your meal plan rotation.
Here is a printable recipe:
- 1 package Pillsbury Pie Crust, brought to room temperature
- 1 10oz can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2½ cups shredded roasted chicken (or rotisserie chicken)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 16oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ cup water
- garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In 9-inch pie plate, place one pie crust shell in bottom of dish.
- Over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add soup and water and stir until hot.
- Add frozen vegetables, stir.
- Add chicken and spices, stir until all ingredients are combined and simmer until just starting to bubble.
- Pour chicken and vegetable mixture into pie shell.
- Place second pie crust over the top. Seal together and slice 4 slits into top crust to vent.
- Place on a sheet pan (to catch any drips) and cook 30-35min or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Do you like this recipe? Please share on Facebook or Pinterest!
We have other great cozy chicken recipe for you to try:
*This post contains affiliate links for some ingredients and the glass pie plate I used for this recipe. If you purchase through these links, a small commission is earned and goes back to help run this site. Thanks!
If you like this post, you might also like these