Three key things to the best Homemade Banana Muffins
As promised, here is our recipe for the best homemade banana muffins.
- Make sure you have 3 very ripe bananas- this ensures a dense, moist crumb to the muffin.
- Use whole cane sugar such as Sugar in the Raw or Wholesome – it isn't overly sweet and bakes really well.
- Great bakeware like the USA Muffin Pan– they bake evenly and come out perfect!
To save you the trouble, of searching any further, here is my version of yummy Homemade Banana Muffins. These are great for breakfast, to enjoy with tea or coffee or as a snack in the lunch bag.
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients (all dry) in a large bowl; set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour banana mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until completely combined.
- With large cookie scoop, fill paper lined muffin tins half way. (You will yield approx. 16 muffins)
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- Let cool on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
What is your favorite muffin recipe? Share in the comments below. If you like this recipe, Try our amazing Strawberry-Rhubarb Muffins.
This post includes an affiliate link. If you choose to use it, I will be able to enjoy a cup of coffee, for which I will be very grateful!