When winter takes firm hold of the temperature and keeps it hanging around 20 degrees (or lower), it calls for recipes that will warm you to your core. Cozy meals are where it's at this time of year and the Turkey Tetrazzini recipe I have for you today fits the bill. I like this particular dish because it is easy to prepare and makes enough to have for a meal today and one to stick in the freezer for another day.
Turkey Tetrazzini is one of my go-to meals for leftover turkey or roasted chicken…better yet- on those days when time is really at a premium, I grab a rotisserie chicken or turkey breast, add a side salad and dinner is ready in no time.
So, when you are needing a break from chili or soup, take out this hearty cozy recipe and enjoy.
Make a Cozy Meal with Turkey Tetrazzini
- 1 box 8 oz. spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 3 cups cooked turkey breast cubed (or chicken)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 container 8oz sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine pinot grigio or chardonnay
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp. garlic powder
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cook onion and garlic until soft. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except pasta. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add pasta and stir to coat.
- Divide pasta mixture between (2) 8x8” square baking dishes. Top with breadcrumbs and a pinch of parmesan cheese. Cover one dish with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil in last 10 minutes of bake time to brown breadcrumbs.
- With second dish, cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Place in freezer for up to 1 month.
To cook frozen dish:
- Defrost overnight in fridge. Remove plastic wrap and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.