Easy BLT Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes will be your new favorite summer-time appetizer. Made with sweet summer cherry tomatoes and bacon, it’s like eating your favorite sandwich only without the bread! So delicious, you can't stop at just one.
I am a huge fan of the BLT sandwich because it is so simple, yet so darn good. The combination of flavors works so well, that you enjoy every single bite. These little tomatoes are just like that, only without the toasted bread.
What Makes BLT Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes So Good?
Could any recipe go wrong with bacon as an ingredient? I think not. Adding bacon to the filling of these cherry tomatoes, along with a few chives and a wee bit of mayonnaise and you are in for a treat. These little BLT Cherry Tomato Bites pack a huge amount of flavor and are so addictive you can’t stop at just one!
YOU SAY TOM-AY-TO, I SAY TOM-AH-TO…
When your garden is overflowing with beautiful ripe tomatoes and you can’t pick them fast enough, you can eat them right off the vine (one of my favorites) or throw them into a salad, make a fresh bruschetta pasta, or as in this case, scoop ’em out and make a delicious snack.
Some Tools to Make Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
How to Prep Cherry Tomatoes to Stuff Them
BLT Bites are a snap to put together. The most time-consuming part is scooping out the pulp. If serving as a fancy appetizer, use a tiny dollop of sour cream on a serving plate to help these little treats stay upright.
Different Ways to Enjoy BLT Dip and Tomatoes
Don’t have time to scoop all the tomatoes? Here are some great serving alternatives!
- Make into a BLT Dip! Place a leaf or two of lettuce in a decorative serving bowl and top with the BLT Dip Filling mixture, then surround bowl with tomatoes, veggies, crackers or all three!
- Toss into cooked & chilled pasta to make a tasty pasta salad.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of dip mixture as a salad dressing onto a mixed green salad, toss and enjoy!
BLT Cherry Tomato Bites
- 1-2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. grated Romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried chopped chives
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato and scoop out pulp.
- Place upside down on paper towel lined tray to dry.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Place into a pastry bag (or sandwich bag with the tip snipped) and pipe into tomato centers. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving for filling to set.
- Alternative serving suggestion:
- Place filling into a decorative bowl on top of 1 large lettuce leaf. Surround bowl with multi-colored loose tomatoes or place 1-2 on small bamboo skewer and fan around the bowl.
- This also goes great with multi-grain crackers or small baguette slices.
Alternative serving suggestion:
Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
If you liked this, be sure to check out these great recipes too!