Have you been glued to the TV cheering on your favorite athlete during The Summer Olympic Games? You too can have athletic prowess as you dive into this 7 Layer Greek Dip with those pita chips. Stay on top of your game, because this dip is known to vanish quickly!
Some sports are Greek to me
Greece is the birthplace of the Olympic Games, so it seems fitting to pay homage to the country of the greatest sporting event ever.
Taking away all the media hoopla and focusing on physical accomplishments and mental preparedness; it is truly remarkable what a human being can do on the playing field. The best part of the Olympic Games is the chance to experience new sports normally not shown on mainstream media.
Men's field hockey? Never knew it was a thing! Rugby, synchronized diving, and handball? Again, I had no clue these were included sports on the roster.
It's been fun to watch and worth the sleepless late nights.
Like any competitor, one needs to keep their strength up, so this 7 Layer Greek Dip was made to fuel our couch surfing (will that be a sport soon?) and keep us laser-focused on which channel we should click to for the next go- for-the-gold, silver or bronze hardware moments.
Enjoy this as is or as a topping on baked chicken or on salad greens and most importantly, don't wait for 4 more years to make it again!
7 Layer Greek Dip
- ¾ cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 small eggplant, cut lengthwise in ½ inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in ½ inch slices
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cucumber, diced small
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 cup quinoa, cooked
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- Toss sliced eggplant and zucchini slices in olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook on grill pan over medium-high heat until tender- about 10 minutes
- Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine tomatoes, spinach, remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To Assemble:
- In a clear glass bowl, begin to layer ingredients from bottom to top in this order:
- Yogurt/cucumber mixture
- Tomato mixture
- Crumbled Feta Cheese.
- Serve with pita bread or pita chips.
- This dip is also a great topping for baked chicken or to enjoy as a topping on salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g