If you love steak, then you are going to love The Best Sirloin Steak & Pasta Recipe! Made with juicy Sirloin and fresh vegetables, herbs & lemony vinegarette, this pasta salad is great as a side dish or main meal and only takes 30 minutes to make.
Pasta, salad, and beef
Everyone loves a good pasta salad to serve alongside their main meal, right? Well, we just made a dish that could be considered both a trusty side or your main dish!
We added juicy sirloin steak cooked in our cast iron skillet and added steamed sugar snap peas, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. Topped with fresh herbs and a lemon-garlic dressing, this is perfect for a quick, tasty light dinner for the week!
What Beef Cut Can I Use for The Best Sirloin Steak & Pasta Salad Recipe?
I love using resources found on the New York Beef Council website. They have so much information regarding types of beef cuts, nutrition and so much more.
For this dish, I like to use sirloin steak. It cooks quickly and slices beautifully.
Other cuts to consider are sirloin tips, flank steak, or any other tender piece. Be sure to choose a cut with good marbling (fat!) and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Not sure which to choose? Ask your local butcher or at your grocery meat counter. They are more than happy to help you choose the best cut for the meal you are creating, so don't be shy!
Quick beef meal in 30 minutes or less!
Many of our readers asked us to share more weeknight meals that are quick and easy and this dish is a perfect fit!
- Pasta cooks in 9 minutes
- Sirloin steak takes about 9 minutes
- Dressing takes a shake or two
- Cheese, tomato, and herbs less than 5 minutes
- Dump in a bowl and stir! Done!
I love that this meal is so versatile to have as a side dish for a potluck, backyard barbecue, or a hearty meal you can serve your family during a busy week. It's cost-effective too a 1 pound steak can go a long way when served this way!
What other steak recipes are quick and easy?
I know you are going to love this recipe, but if you are looking for other tasty options that use steak, we have a few favorites like our Best Steak Tacos Angus Beef Style or London Broil Steak Salad.
I love this time of year when gardens and farmer's markets are full of fresh vegetables and herbs. Be sure to grab sweet cherry tomatoes and fresh garlic, parsley & basil when making this during the summer months. The flavor will be amazing.
Cooking Tip: Just before serving, top with a light zest of lemon. It will really enhance the flavor and you will be amazed how fresh and light the taste will be!
If you love THE best steak and pasta salad recipe as much as my family does, please help me share the love by sharing on Facebook and Pinterest!
And be sure to tag us @eatpicks- #eatpicks if you share on Instagram!
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get all the latest posts straight to your inbox!
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups cooked penne or corkscrew pasta
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Freshly grated lemon peel
- Fresh Basil chopped
- Fresh Mozzarella (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Gremolata Dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Bring water to boil in large saucepan. Add peas; cook 2 to 3 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse under cold water. Combine peas, pasta, mozzarella balls and tomatoes in large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk Gremolata Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Toss 2 tablespoons dressing with pasta mixture. Set aside.
- Combine 3 teaspoons minced garlic and 1 teaspoon pepper; press evenly onto beef Top Sirloin Steak.
- Place steak in preheated cast iron skillet. Cook on medium-high heat 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Carve steak into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Add steak slices and remaining dressing to pasta mixture; toss to coat evenly. Garnish with lemon zest, mozzarella, basil, and parsley, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Magnolia Table, Volume 2: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering
The Spice Hunter Thyme, Organic, 0.6-Ounce Jar
Microplane 46020 Premium Classic Series Zester Grater, 18/8, Black
LIFVER Serving Bowls, 36 Ounces Porcelain Large Bowls Set, White Bowl Set for Salad, Soup, Dessert, Set of 4
WUSTHOF Classic 8 Inch Chef Knife | Full-Tang Classic Cooks Knife | Precision Forged High-Carbon Stainless Steel German Made
Large Walnut Wood Cutting Board by Virginia Boys Kitchens - 17x11
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g