This healthy and delicious carrot cake smoothie recipe tastes more like a decadent dessert than a nutritious way to start the day. The natural sweetness of the orange and carrots are balanced by a trio of complementary spices, while a spoonful of homemade coconut whipped cream serves as the perfect finishing touch.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Can You Use Frozen Vegetables to Make A Carrot Smoothie?
Believe it or not, you can use frozen veggies to make a carrot smoothie. In fact, vegetables that are frozen tend to retain more nutrients than what you would find in the produce section.
Using frozen vegetables also helps to give your smoothie a creamy consistency. Think of them as mini ice cubes!
Tools You Will Need to Make A Carrot Cake Smoothie
These are some of the tools I use to create my carrot cake smoothie:
Can I Make this Recipe Into A Smoothie Bowl?
Yes! You can make this carrot cake smoothie into a delicious & filling smoothie bowl! What a great way to enjoy your vegetables as a dessert!
Simply blend extra ice cubes or frozen veggies and use less water or milk to make a super thick consistency.
If you would like to keep this smoothie vegan, stick to using coconut, cashew or almond milk rather than regular milk.
What Ingredients You will Need to Make this Vegetable Smoothie
I love when I can incorporate fruits and vegetables into meals or desserts. It helps to pack a nutritious punch without making it obvious! Here are some of our favorite recipes that include veggies that we would love for you to try!
- PB&J Protein Smoothie
- Zucchini Carrot Muffins
- Pumpkin Drop Cookies
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
- Celery Juice
How to Make A Carrot Cake Smoothie
If you enjoy making this delicious smoothie, please help me share the love by sharing on Facebook and Pinterest!
And be sure to tag us @eatpicks- #eatpicks if you share on Instagram!
- Coconut Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk, chilled
- 1-2 T. maple syrup (optional)
- 1 t. orange zest (optional)
- Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- 2 large stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 large orange, peeled
- 4 large carrots, roughly chopped
- ¾ t. cinnamon
- ¾ t. ground allspice
- ½ t. ground nutmeg
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Optional Garnish:
- Ground cinnamon
- Finely chopped walnuts
- Chill coconut milk in refrigerator for several hours or overnight. To prepare, remove can from refrigerator without shaking or turning and remove lid. Scoop out the solidified “cream” from the top of the can and transfer to a mixing bowl. Reserve remaining liquid coconut milk to use in smoothie.
- Add maple syrup and orange zest, if desired, to mixing bowl and blend until light and airy. Allow coconut cream to warm up slightly before blending if lumps persist. Cover and place bowl in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add the coconut milk and frozen banana to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, around 30 seconds.
- Add celery, orange, carrots, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ice cubes. Blend on high speed until completely combined and creamy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into glasses and top with a scoop of coconut whipped cream. Garnish with a dash of cinnamon or finely chopped walnuts, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Ninja Professional 72oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base and Total Crushing Technology for Smoothies, Ice and Frozen Fruit (BL610), Black
200 Count Paper Straws,Box Package,4 Fresh Color 7.75 Inch Drinking Straws
OXO Good Grips Locking Can Opener
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1099 Total Fat: 85g Saturated Fat: 73g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 285mg Carbohydrates: 90g Fiber: 13g Sugar: 52g Protein: 13g
If you are definitely someone who would like to EAT their cake, then check out my friend Mel’s Sheet Pan Carrot Cake recipe!