Grilled Salmon & Lemon Kebabs are easy to prepare and a simple way to enjoy a meal rich with healthy Omega-3 that tastes fantastic.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, a small commission is earned and goes to help support this website. Thank you!
It’s been a while since I shared a recipe and I believe it is high time to get one up here! I love when my Bon Appetit magazine arrives in the mailbox and I sit right down and read it cover to cover. This month, they highlighted a recipe for Spiced Salmon Kebabs (June 2013, pg. 42) and it looked amazing, so I thought I would give it a try.
I did have to improvise a bit (is that a surprise? Ha!) and took notes to make small changes for next time (oh, yes, there will definitely be a next time). The biggest obstacle I had? Oh- that would be:
I NEED A NEW GRILL!
When hubs went to fire up our grill, he called me out to the deck and pointed to the disintegrated guts of our summertime cooking friend. “I think it’s toast, he said, and I agreed. So, I pulled out my cast iron grill pan and had to make it work-it did a great job. SO…..if you have any recommendations for a favorite gas grill, I am in the market for one! Please share! Thanks!
Let’s get to this delicious recipe, shall we?
A few things before we get started:
- If you can, purchase your salmon fresh- the day you will make this. It makes a big difference. As a side note- you can ask your fishmonger to remove the skin for you, which will save you time and mess later!
- Soak your bamboo skewers for 20-30 minutes before you make your kebabs…this will prevent them catching on fire.
- Slice your lemons thin, but not paper thin or else they will fall off the skewer. Cut fish into 1” cubes.
- Brush your grill with oil before placing fish on grates- this will prevent sticking. This goes for your pan too.
- Use two skewers when threading kebabs- this will make turning SO much easier.
Here is a printable recipe for you :
Grilled Salmon & Lemon Kebabs
Fantastic recipe to enjoy fresh salmon. Paired with lemon and grilled, this dish is super flavorful any time of year.
- 1 ½ lbs. Skinless Salmon Fillet, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 large lemons, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped (did not have, so used 1 Tbsp. dried)
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Mix oregano, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds and olive oil in small bowl. Set aside.
- Starting with salmon, thread onto skewer. Fold lemon slice in half and thread. Alternate with fish and lemon; ending with fish. Brush with oil mixture and place on grill.
- Cook, turning occasionally and brushing with spice mixture until fish is opaque, about 5-8minutes. If using grill pan, may take a bit longer.
- Serve with salad and fresh asparagus.
Do you have a gas grill recommendation?? I am all ears! Thanks!
*This recipe is adapted from Bon Appetit, June 2013, pg. 42
Did you like this recipe? Why not give these a try as well!
If you like this post, you might also like these