It’s been a while since I shared a recipe and I believe it is high time to get one up here! I love when my Bon Appetit magazine arrives in the mailbox and I sit right down and read it cover to cover. This month, they highlighted a recipe for Spiced Salmon Kebabs (June 2013, pg. 42) and it looked amazing, so I thought I would give it a try.
I did have to improvise a bit (is that a surprise? Ha!) and took notes to make small changes for next time (oh, yes, there will definitely be a next time). The biggest obstacle I had? Oh- that would be:
I NEED A NEW GRILL!
When hubs went to fire up our grill, he called me out to the deck and pointed to the disintegrated guts of our summer time cooking friend. “I think it’s toast, he said, and I agreed. So, I pulled out my cast iron grill pan and had to make it work-it did a great job. SO…..if you have any recommendations for a favorite gas grill, I am in the market for one! Please share! Thanks!
Let’s get to this delicious recipe, shall we?
A few things before we get started:
- If you can, purchase your salmon fresh- the day you will make this. It makes a big difference. As a side note- you can ask your fish monger to remove the skin for you, which will save you time and mess later!
- Soak your bamboo skewers for 20-30 minutes before you make your kebabs…this will prevent them catching on fire.
- Slice your lemons thin, but not paper thin or else they will fall off the skewer. Cut fish in 1” cubes.
- Brush your grill with oil before placing fish on grates- this will prevent sticking. This goes for your pan too.
- Use two skewers when threading kebabs- this will make turning SO much easier.
Grilled Salmon & Lemon Kebabs
Do you have a gas grill recommendation?? I am all ears! Thanks!
*This recipe is adapted from Bon Appetit, June 2013, pg. 42
If you like this post, you might also like these