If you are looking for a quick easy pasta recipe, you've come to the right place! With only a few ingredients, you can have a great meal on the table in no time. If you don't have a red sauce handy, it's not a problem; by using fresh basil, tomatoes and a few pantry items, your dish will taste like you've been cooking it all day.
Quick Easy Pasta Recipe
Tradition in our house is that every Sunday we enjoy pasta. I make a fresh pot of red sauce, salad and good hearty bread to dip into salt & peppered olive oil. It is delicious and easy.
This past Sunday, I went to take out of the freezer what I thought to be sauce, only to open the container and see that it was yogurt! I did not have sauce to serve on Sunday! What was I to do??
No worries…I made a quick easy pasta with tomatoes, basil, beans, garlic and onion….a few shaves of Romano cheese and we had dinner!
- 1 box Linguini, or any pasta you like
- 1 can Cannellini Beans, White Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 5 fresh plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley, dried or fresh
- 5 large leaves fresh basil, chopped
- In pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions.
- Reserve about a cup of the water for pasta bowl.
- Meanwhile, in fry pan, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add canned diced tomatoes and all spices.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add beans.
- Heat through.
- When pasta is done, add reserved liquid to serving bowl.
- Add drained pasta.
- Top with ingredients from fry pan and toss in fresh tomatoes.
- Top with a couple of basil leaves and shaved Romano cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
This quick and easy pasta recipe made a delicious and nutritious meal to keep our Sunday pasta tradition going – even when I didn't have any red sauce.
I have another easy one-pan recipe for vegetable pasta you might like to try. Do you have a favorite pasta dish? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!