If you are looking for a quick easy pasta recipe, you've come to the right place! With only a few ingredients, you can have a great meal on the table in no time. If you don't have a red sauce handy, it's not a problem; by using fresh basil, tomatoes and a few pantry items, your dish will taste like you've been cooking it all day.
Quick Easy Pasta Recipe
This past Sunday, I went to take out of the freezer what I thought to be sauce, only to open the container and see that it was yogurt! I did not have sauce to serve on Sunday! What was I to do??
- 1 box Linguini, or any pasta you like
- 1 can Cannellini Beans, White Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 5 fresh plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley, dried or fresh
- 5 large leaves fresh basil, chopped
- In pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions.
- Reserve about a cup of the water for pasta bowl.
- Meanwhile, in fry pan, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add canned diced tomatoes and all spices.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add beans.
- Heat through.
- When pasta is done, add reserved liquid to serving bowl.
- Add drained pasta.
- Top with ingredients from fry pan and toss in fresh tomatoes.
- Top with a couple of basil leaves and shaved Romano cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g