Today I’m going to share a recipe that is one of our favorites- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Capers.When I want to “Wow!” guests, this is one of my go – to recipes. It’s super delicious and easy to make and I’ve learned that it is perfect for big parties!
When our daughter graduated high school I waited too long to book a caterer, so we needed to put together a menu for her party. We ordered a few items from local places such as a sub platter and fruit platter, but had to make the rest ourselves. This is when I really put my garlic lemon chicken with capers dish to the test; I needed to see how well it would freeze and how well it could be doubled to feed a large crowd.
Garlic Lemon Chicken with Capers Freezes Great!
Because we don’t have a lot of storage space, I needed to freeze a few dishes ahead of time and this was one of them. I was a bit nervous to freeze it because I wasn’t sure how the sauce would react with the rest of the dish, but I really did not have a choice. A week before the party, I made a huge batch, filling two half-trays and then crossed my fingers it would work! The night before the party, I took each tray out and let them defrost in the fridge. When the chafing trays were ready, I set them in, placed the cover on top and hoped for the best.
Perfect Dish for Grad Parties!
With trays of ziti, sausage & peppers, my dad’s awesome eggplant parm, lemon garlic chicken with capers, subs, salads and snacks- the first dish to disappear was the chicken! In fact, I had guests ask me a few times if they could have the recipe.
I shared this recipe on Facebook with a friend, who was making this for a dinner party and she was privy to the “audible sounds of delight” from her guests.
So, when you make this recipe- because I know you will- let me know how it turns out!
Garlic Lemon Chicken with Capers
Lemon Garlic Chicken with Capers is a dish full of flavor. Rich garlic and light lemon are enhanced by slight tang from capers. Dish is easily doubled and freezes beautifully. Perfect for dinner or to serve large crowds!
- 2-4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small jar capers, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour for dredging (approx.)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut chicken breast pieces in half. Then slice into thin pieces (1 inch) or pound flat.
- Add flour, salt & pepper in a pie dish and whisk with fork to mix. In separate dish add milk.
- Dip chicken pieces into milk and then dredge both sides in flour mixture. Tap off excess and set on tray until all chicken pieces are coated.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium – high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Working in batches, place floured chicken in skillet and cook until golden brown; 3-4 minutes. Turn and cook additional 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan and place in serving dish. Repeat process until all chicken pieces are cooked.
- Carefully pour chicken broth into pan to deglaze, scraping brown bits off bottom. Add in lemon juice and bring to simmer.
- Pour sauce over chicken and top with capers.
Courses Main Dish