Cranberry Scones have to be one of my all-time favorite treats to bake. They are tart yet sweet all at the same time. These scones are not dry or crumbly, but soft and almost like a biscuit.
I can't wait to get baking started in my kitchen! It is during this time that I grab my favorite apron and am most relaxed as I work with different types of dough or batter. One recipe that I enjoy to make any time of year are scones.
I am partial to cranberry scones, however, I have played with a few flavors like blueberry scones and Sweet Cream Scones and I'm sure more flavors will make their way into my mixing bowl, but for now, we'll focus on the tried and true flavor of cranberry.
I like to make these for an easy breakfast on weekends or for a late afternoon snack with tea. Since fresh cranberries are plentiful this time of year, I try to take advantage of making these often. They are delicious! A very moist scone, not at all dry. I have also made this recipe substituting raisins and cinnamon and they were great too.
Add this easy recipe to your holiday table!
Do you like to make scones? If you try this recipe I'd love to hear how yours turn out.
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 C half-and-half, plus 1 tbsp.
- 1/2 Cup halved cranberries, drained on paper towels
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, wisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 2/3 cup half-and-half until just moistened. Gently fold in cranberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 5 to 10 times.
- Pat into a 1-inch-thick round.
- Cut into 8 wedges; place on a (ungreased) baking sheet, 2 " apart.
- Brush tops with 1 Tbsp half-and-half, sprinkle each with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- This recipe is easily doubled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"
USA Pan Bakeware Quarter Sheet Pan, Warp Resistant Nonstick Baking Pan, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
SMARTAKE 200 Pcs Unbleached Parchment Paper, Rectangle & 100 Pcs 9 Inches Round Baking Sheets for Grilling Air Fryer
K&S Artisan Pastry Cutter Set Dough Blender + 5 Round Biscuit Cutter set with Stainless Steel Handle Heavy Duty Durable with Ergonomic Rubber Grip Professional QUALITY Baking Dough Tools
TeamFar Baking Rack, Cooling Roasting Rack Stainless Steel for Baking Sheet Oven Pan, Healthy & Rust Free, Oven & Dishwasher Safe - Set of 3 (15 inch)
Hotec 5 pieces Set Basting Brushes Silicone Heat Resistant Pastry Brushes Spread Oil Butter Sauce Marinades for BBQ Grill Barbecue Baking Kitchen Cooking BPA Free Dishwasher Safe (Multicolor)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g