If you are looking for something different for holiday parties, this is your recipe! I had a version of this over the Thanksgiving holiday and it was so good I couldn't stop eating it! The combo is different, but everyone that has tried it has the same reaction “Oh, is that good! Mmmm!”
This recipe is from the website Allrecipes.
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup white wine vinegar
- 1 2oz jar diced pimento, drained
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp green onions, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 8oz package Cheddar Cheese (I use yellow/sharp Heluva)
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, cold
- In a jar with tight fitting lid (or plastic container), combine olive oil, vinegar, pimento, parsley, green onion, garlic, sugar, basil, salt & pepper. Shake well to blend. Set aside.
- Cut cheddar cheese in half lengthwise,
- then cut crosswise in 1/4 inch slices to form squares.
- Repeat process with cream cheese.
- Arrange cheese squares alternately in a shallow baking dish with slices standing on edge. You can arrange in a single long row or 2 parallel rows (I prefer 2 rows- it looks nicer).
- Pour marinade from container over the cheese slices.
- Cover and refrigerate for at leasr 6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, remove slices to a serving platter and spoon marinade over cheese.
- I did not do this step. I used the dish I was going to serve the appetizer in (one less dish to clean!) and it worked just fine.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
I'm sure I'll make this again. I hope your family enjoys it too.
Check out more of my holiday recipes!