Flamingo cupcakes are cute summer cupcakes to have for a special birthday party or pool party! Cute themed cupcakes are decorated with pink frosting and fun cake toppers that will bring a smile to all!
Planning themed parties is always fun no matter what age you are, like a fun Bob Ross Party! You can have food themes too with cute little party gifts as I shared in our top avocado gift list. In fact, Shark Week is a big deal during the summer, and is a perfect time to make our Shark Cupcakes!
Flamingo cupcakes are the star of the dessert table! These cute summer cupcakes are easy to make with a boxed cake mix, frosting, DIY flamingo cupcake toppers (We have a free printable for you at the end of this post!), and flamingo cupcake liners.
Whenever I think of pink flamingos, I always imagine the flamingo lawn ornaments which makes me smile! Believe it or not, folks love these birds and there are a ton of fun novelty as well as perfect party theme items to enjoy!
I'll share more of those ideas further down, but first, let's make our cupcakes!
Flamingo cupcake ingredients
- Boxed cake mix like Funfetti or a yellow cake mix. Or you can use your own favorite cake recipe.
- Vanilla frosting in pink (Used Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting in Bright Pink)
- Flamingo head printable, printed on card stock (FREE printable is below!)
- Toothpicks make it easy to stick the flamingo heads toppers in the cupcakes.
How to make flamingo cupcakes
You will need a Large round decorating tip such as this Wilton 1M Round Piping Tip
Piping bag for frosting, or you can use a Ziplock baggie.
Bake cupcakes according to cake mix directions.
Cool cupcakes completely. Place cooled cakes in festive flamingo cupcake liners.
Pipe frosting over cupcakes in a circular direction working from the center of the cupcake towards the outside and back to the center. Smooth the icing with an offset spatula (or your finger) to create the feathered look.
Attach each flamingo head to a toothpick using clear tape. Be careful not when cutting around the flamingo beak! My first batch were missing a few!
Press flamingo cupcake decorations into the cupcake.
Flamingo party ideas
Theme parties are always fun and I found some really cute ideas to go with these cupcakes!
Here is a great deal for Novelty candy to fill your pinata! This coupon expires 8/1/20!
Theme parties are so fun! If you are a Harry Potter Fan, you have to check out my friend Linda's Harry Potter Table Decorations! So Cute!
Don't Forget! You can download your FREE flamingo cupcake toppers below!
- 12 cupcakes from your favorite recipe or boxed mix
- 2 to 3 cups vanilla frosting in pink (Used Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting in Bright Pink)
- Flamingo head printable, printed on card stock( FREE printable below!)
- Clear tape
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions.
- Cool cupcakes completely before decorating.
- Place cupcakes in flamingo cupcake liners.
- Pipe frosting with a piping tip (Wilton 1M Round Piping Tip) over cupcakes in a circular direction working from the center of the cupcake towards the outside and back to the center.
- Smooth the icing with an offset spatula (or your finger) to create the feathered look.
- Attach each flamingo head to a toothpick using clear tape.
- Press into the cupcake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
American Mills Pink Flamingos Decor 5 Piece Printed Kitchen Linen Set Includes Towels Pot Holders Oven Mitt
Intex Flamingo Inflatable Ride-On, 56" X 54" X 38", for Ages 3+
SAVITA Inflatable Flamingo Ring Toss Game 2pcs Inflatable Flamingo with 12 pcs Floating Rings for Hawaii Luau Party Decorations, Pool Party Game
Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting Hot Pink Cake Icing
Pillsbury Funfetti Premium Cake & Cupcake Mix with Frosting Bundle (Aqua Blue Vanilla)
GiftExpress Set of 4, Small Pink Flamingo Yard Ornament/Mini Lawn Flamingo Ornaments/Pink Flamingo Garden Yard Decor (4)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 851Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 532mgCarbohydrates: 130gFiber: 2gSugar: 114gProtein: 3g