When I received an email from Elena of Ciao Mom asking me to participate in her post link-up today, I could not refuse. I knew it would be a challenge for me, but I like a challenge and that it is part of her “Reclaiming Me“? Well I like that too. Oh, and I can’t forget that the idea was sparked by another blogger I like (ok, love) The Empress, of Good Day Regular People. Yes, all things I like.
But this post is supposed to be a list about things I like about ME. Ah. There is the sticking point. It is easy for me to send praise to others, but hard to offer that same support to myself. So, I really had to think about this.
Here goes: Ten Things I like About Me
1. I like being a mom. When I had my first baby, I remember standing at the sink washing out bottles and talking to a friend on the phone. I remember telling her that I finally felt completely full, like this was what I was always meant to be. Being a mom felt natural right from day one.
2. I am athletic. I am by no means girly when it comes to sports. I sweat buckets, I play hard and I can push my body to complete exhaustion. It makes me feel strong.
3. I am a good cook. I am not afraid to try new recipes. If it looks interesting, I’ll try it. If it turns out awful, that’s ok!
4. I have goofy humor and that my family knows how to make me laugh with it. If it is a play on words, all the better. “orange you glad I shared that with you?” See? I’m smiling just typing it.
5. I will eat ice cream. Even if it is just 1 scoop, I will eat it, no matter what. I don’t care. It is something that should be enjoyed.
6. Some may scoff at this next one, but I like being in my 40’s. It is an age where I have started to find acceptance for many things.
7. I am a good friend. I do not make friends easily but when I do, I am your friend for life.
8. I march to my own drum. I am used to doing things on my terms, sometimes not fitting in with the norm or with the “In” crowd. The path less traveled is something I do often. It may take me longer to get from point A to B, but the lessons learned along the way are priceless and I am grateful for the experience.
9. I enjoy old movies. There was something magic in those Black & White films and technicolor too. I am not ashamed to say that “Singing in the Rain” is my favorite movie of all time.
10. Writing has always been a big part of who I am, so I am happy that I am making that a part of my life.
Anything on here strike a chord with you? What would be on your list?
If you like this post, you might also like these