Ultimate Turkey Reuben
A spin on the traditional Reuben sandwich, made with delicious turkey and broccoli slaw, toasted on rye bread with gooey swiss cheese. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day!
- 1 roasted turkey breast (or you could roast chicken breasts or grab a rotisserie from the market)
- 1 loaf of Rye Bread (plain or marbled-your preference)
- 1 pkg. sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 pkg (12 oz.) of Broccoli Slaw (or if you want true Reuben flavor, sauerkraut)
- 1 Tbsp. Thousand Island dressing (per sandwich)
- 1-2 Tbsp. Cole Slaw dressing (I used Marzetti brand Simply Dressed & Light)
- 1-2 tsp. butter or margarine
- Broccoli Slaw:
- Mix 1-2 Tbsp. Cole slaw dressing into 2 cups of broccoli slaw mixture.
- Set aside to let flavors set.
- Shred 2 cups roasted turkey or chicken and set aside.
- Butter 2 slices of bread on one side only.
- Heat frying pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Place 1 slice of bread in pan buttered side down. Place one slice of Swiss cheese on bread. Add about 2 Tbsp. of slaw mixture, add Thousand Island dressing.
- Place turkey (or chicken) on top of dressing and press slightly. Add slice of Swiss cheese and top with second slice of bread, making sure butter side up.
- Cook about 2 minutes and with flat spatula, carefully flip over and press down with spatula.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes or until bread is toasted.
Recipe by Eat Picks at http://eatpicks.com/the-ultimate-turkey-reuben/