In my neck of the woods the weather folks keep telling us the “January Thaw” is here…meaning the temps are in the 30-40 degree range. Well, that is still C-O-L-D if you ask me!
When the weather is- let’s say- brisk, I love cooking meals that fill the house with smells of warmth and down right goodness. What are my favorites? I love the long and slow…like a great pot roast, beef brisket or a roasted chicken. The latter probably being my favorite.
Roasting a chicken is down right easy…ANYONE can make this delicious meal! Honest! I’m going to share my favorite recipe and I would love for you to try it as well. Come back and let me know how it turned out!
- 4-5 lb Chicken
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 large onion, cut in quaters
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup water
- Remove bag of chicken parts from the cavity.
- Rinse chicken under cold water & pat dry with paper towel.
- In baking dish, arrange carrots, onions and garlic in bottom of dish to create a "rack"
- Place chicken on top of vegetables and rub entire bird with olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder inside cavity and all over bird.
- Top with sprig of thyme.
- Add water to dish and bake in 350 degree oven uncovered for 2 hours or as directed on roasting instructions.
- When Chicken tests 165 degrees on meat thermometer, remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before carving.
I am also trying out a new recipe feature on the site…let me know if you like it or not…
If you like this post, you might also like these