Happy National Coffee Day!! Guess what? I had my very first latte today and all because of LACTAID®.
I have received information and materials from McNeil Nutritionals, LLC the makers of LACTAID®. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post.
It is no secret that we love coffee here in this space. Every Friday, we pour ourselves a nice big cup of joe, invite you to do the same and catch up on the happenings from the week with our Friday Coffee Talk posts. If you search “coffee” on our site, you will find many posts with this theme in the archives. That’s right, our love runs deep. So, it’s only natural that we take some time to celebrate the best day of all; National Coffee Day!
I normally take my coffee black, unless I have what I like to call “dessert coffee” which is coffee with milk and sugar, or a nice cappuccino. I’ve never ordered a latte because I am afraid that the milk would really upset my stomach. This sometimes happens with a cup of cappuccino, hence my trepidation to have a latte, which if you are not a coffee connoisseur, that is a shot of espresso with a lot of milk, topped with foamed milk.
Well, I tried a little experiment with LACTAID® milk last week. I was curious to see if the milk would foam with my Aerolatte wand. Being that it is still 100% dairy, just without lactose, I wasn’t sure if it would stand up to the foaming. You know what? It DID! It foamed beautifully! Look at this gorgeousness!
I was able to make my very first latte and had zero discomfort! Woo-hoo! I can’t wait to try holiday flavors as I sit back and take my mid-afternoon coffee break.
And nothing could go better with my new found happiness in a cup, than a nice cinnamon apple-cider donut! I mean a donut is like the jelly to the coffee peanut butter, right?
If you have passed on coffee because you couldn’t add milk, give LACTAID® a try! You may just find that you can welcome coffee back into your life again and all will be right with the world.
LACTAID® is celebrating National Coffee Day in a big way-
Check out LACTAID® Facebook and Twitter for a chance to win a prize-pack full of LACTAID® Milk, an exclusive Birch Coffee Roast and other premium coffee gear. You can also go to www.lactaid.com to download coupons with up to $4 in savings.
LACTAID® is 100% real dairy. 0% discomfort.
Birch Coffee has a homemade version of Pumpkin Spice Latte:
BIRCH COFFEE PUMPKIN SPICED LATTE
SERVINGS: 1 (8 oz)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
For the Birch Coffee Pumpkin Spiced Latte:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pumpkin spice simple syrup
- 1/3 cup brewed espresso, like Birch Coffee Emma’s Espresso
- 1 cup of LACTAID® Milk (whole or skim)
For the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
YIELDS: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground all-spice
- To make the Pumpkin Spiced Simple Syrup:
1. Bring about 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil.
2. Pour boiling water over spices and sugar in a quart container.
3. Whisk lightly until contents dissolve into water.
4. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate.
To make the Birch Coffee Pumpkin Spiced Latte
1. Add Pumpkin spice simple syrup to mug.
2. Brew espresso (like Birch Coffee Emma’s Espresso), using either
Chemex, standard drip method or home espresso machine.
3. Pour espresso shot over simple syrup in mug.
4. Bring 1 cup of LACTAID® Milk to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Pour warmed LACTAID® Milk into mug and stir.
Would you like to enjoy an apple cider donuts with your latte? of course you would! Here is the recipe for you!
If you like this post, you might also like these