This cookie previously had top honors as a header picture for this blog. It is a cookie that is both huge in size and flavor. I first made this recipe a couple of summers ago. We had some neighbors over for a cookout and I wanted something different to serve for dessert. I decided to make these into ice cream sandwiches. We had to split them in half, because this cookie could truly be a meal in and of itself!
The original recipe is from Paula Deen (Three Chocolate Cookies), but I have used different variations of chips and such that it does differ from her recipe.
Love Paula Deen’s desserts? Then you’ll like this book: The Lady & Sons Just Desserts: More than 120 Sweet Temptations from Savannah’s Favorite Restaurant
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup shortening
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1-3/4 Cups firmly packed brown sugar (light)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 bag [url href=”http://amzn.to/1GS0xpJ” target=”_blank”]Nestle` Toll House Semi-Sweet Chunks[/url]
- 1 bag [url href=”http://amzn.to/1en5kc1″ target=”_blank”]Nestle` Toll House Milk Chocolate & Caramel morsels[/url] (This is very hard to find**see note below)
- 1/2 Bag [url href=”http://amzn.to/1JAygLl” target=”_blank”]Nestle` Toll House Semi-Sweet Mini-Chips[/url]
- ** I have had a hard time finding the milk chocolate & caramel swirl chips…so I have been substituting a full bag of [url href=”http://amzn.to/1GS137a” target=”_blank”]Nestle Milk Chocolate morsels[/url] and about 1/2 cup of [url href=”http://amzn.to/1HzY2ij” target=”_blank”]Kraft Caramel Bits[/url].
- Preheat oven to 350′.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and shortening until creamy; gradually add sugars and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to butter mixture until well blended.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls about 3″ apart (or 6 drops per sheet).
- Bake 12-15 minutes, (depending on your pan) or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes and transfer to cooling rack (or dinner plate to keep extra soft).
Now this monster chocolate chip cookie is NOT low fat! But when you are craving that ultimate chocolate chip cookie, this big, bad boy is it!
Want to try more recipes? Here’s some other cookies I’ve tried.
If you like this post, you might also like these