Do you like shrimp? Do you like rice? Want to make a fabulous dinner in under 30 minutes? Then you are in the right place!
This recipe is one my dad shared with me a few years ago. I was a bit skeptical at first…but let me tell you…it is AWESOME. Yes, I am using all CAPS to tell you this recipe is THAT easy and THAT delicious. It is perfect for a busy school night when you need something fast or if you want to have a nice casual dinner with company, this will look as if you slaved over the stove, when in all actuality you spent only 30 minutes!
You will need a box of Rice-A-Roni Spanish Rice mix, a large can of diced tomatoes and shrimp. As a side note: I usually keep a bag of 12-15 count frozen cooked shrimp on hand and in a pinch I’ve used it and the recipe still comes out amazing!
- 1 lb. large shrimp (12-15 count); fresh or frozen
- Fresh shrimp should be cleaned, shelled & de-veined; frozen should be thawed completely.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian leaf parsley, chopped- or if dried parsley, use 2-3 Tbsp
- 1 (28oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 box Rice-a-Roni Spanish Rice mix
- Cook rice according to package directions WITH ONE EXCEPTION:
- Add can of tomatoes and 1 cup of water instead of 2 Cups water called for.
- While rice is cooking, prepare shrimp.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent; about 5 minutes
- Add garlic and shrimp and cook about 2 minutes. Turn shrimp over & cook another 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add wine and parsley. Stir and cook 1 minute. Turn off heat.
- When rice is done cooking, add shrimp and pan contents right into rice. Stir to combine.
- Serve in large bowl or platter with parsley leaf garnish.
I’m trying out a new recipe plug-in. Not sure what I think of it yet…I don’t like that I can’t add a photo to the recipe box. Will keep playing with it unless you have another that you can recommend!
Would love to know if you make this and how it turned out for you!