Want easy, no bake energy bites? Then this is the recipe for you! I searched for an easy recipe to make for a quick, on-the-go snack and this is what I came up with. Luckily, it got two-thumbs up and a request to make them again. Whew! Sometimes it feels like I have the toughest audience to please!
You can whip these little spheres of goodness up in no time and have them on hand for the week. They are rich in protein, are dairy and soy free, and I dare you to stop at just one. I couldn’t do it. I had 3 before snapping the lid back on the container.
I’ve been trying to add a few more recipes that are gluten and dairy free as it seems dietary requirements are leaning closer to that spectrum each day. I am always asked if there is a gluten free option for many of my cake or brownie recipes, so, I try to include something once a month to test out in the kitchen.
So, yesterday I needed something easy, no bake and gluten free and came up with these no bake energy bites. If you have a small cookie scoop, use this to form the bite sized balls, otherwise, I think they would be too big.
These no bake treats have peanut butter in them, but you can substitute almond butter, cashew butter or whatever you like. I also used agave syrup as the sweetener, but you could use honey or maple syrup. The beauty is, you can custom make it to your dietary needs and it will still be delicious!
You’ll need (Don’t worry, there is a printable recipe below!)
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats (not Irish oats, just plain old-fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Add everything in a bowl and stir well. Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes so the mixture can firm up a bit. This makes it easier to scoop and roll.
After 20 minutes, use your cookie scoop to portion out each bite, roll in hands to smooth out and you have made yourself a no bake energy bite! Yum! Now, take a bite! Aren’t they good?!
You can place them in a container with a lid and place back in the fridge for snack time.
You can add dried fruits or seeds (such as pumpkin, sunflower or chia) or flaked coconut! Your options are endless.
If you like this treat, try our Easy Homemade Granola recipe too!
- 1¼ cup rolled oats (not Irish oats, just plain old-fashioned oats)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa
- ⅓ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Add everything in a bowl and stir well.
- Place in the fridge for about 20 minutes so the mixture can firm up a bit. This makes it easier to scoop and roll.
- After 20 minutes, use your cookie scoop to portion out each bite; roll in hands to smooth out and you have made yourself a no bake energy bite!
- You can place them in a container with a lid and place back in the fridge for snack time.
This post contains a few affiliate links for items I’ve used in this post. If you choose to buy them through these links, then a small commission is added to the coffee fund, for which I thank you.
If you like this post, you might also like these