Did you say easy lobster taco recipe? Yes, that is exactly what I said! With a few chops and dices, you can have a taste of New England right in your hands in mere minutes. Full of meaty Maine lobster, fresh tomato, peppers, and shallots, this is a great twist for your Taco Tuesday night.
I have a confession. I like lobster, but I don’t LOVE lobster. It can very easily be overcooked and when that occurs, all bets are off; not even dunking in melted butter can save it. So, I tend to be a bit on the cautious side when I order it. I’ve had some spectacular lobster- one that comes to mind is at a place in Mystic, CT who served the most divine lobster roll you would ever want to sink your teeth into. It was very simple; served hot on a hot dog bun drenched in butter with a little lemon wedge. That was it. Simple and delicious and leaving the diner (me!) wanting another one!
I do like fish tacos and wanted to test out a lobster filling to see how it would fare as a taco filling.
Easy Lobster Taco Recipe
For this recipe, my local fish monger did not have cooked lobster meat so I used frozen. It is premium meat- mostly the sweet meat from the claw and still had the wonderful salty taste of the sea and worked really well. Add to that the bounty from the local farmer’s market of ripe tomatoes, peppers and herbs the taste is so fresh!
I preferred the blue corn taco shells after searching for the soft tortillas turned up nothing. I think they add great flavor to the overall dish. A bit of Creme Fraiche (or you could use sour cream) drizzle on top of these lobster tacos, and you are in business.
- 2 cups poached lobster meat, chopped
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped flat leaf parsley, fresh
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. champagne or sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch: Cayenne pepper, kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper.
- 1 pkg of favorite tortillas- taco size. ( If you can find [url href=”http://amzn.to/29Eg8oN” target=”_blank”]blue corn tortillas[/url], use those! )
- In [url href=”http://amzn.to/29Npayb” target=”_blank”]medium bowl[/url], combine all ingredients. Stir gently.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Spoon into soft taco shells and serve with wedge of lemon.
A taste of summer in your hands! This recipe is pretty versatile too- you can enjoy the filling as a salsa, quesadilla or over a bed of greens for a nice salad.
There are affiliate links in this post. If you choose to click and purchase anything through these links, a small commission is earned and goes back to help support this website. Thank you!
If you like this post, you might also like these