Looking for an easy Italian Breaded Chicken recipe? You found it! I’ve made this easy chicken recipe for as long as I can remember and it is a favorite in our household. The secret? Read on!
Today I will share my recipe for Easy Italian Breaded Chicken. This is a very liberal version of my Mother-in-law’s recipe. It tastes great, but it doesn’t taste quite like Mom’s. It is also a recipe that will be thrown together “Old-Style”. What do I mean by that? Well, I don’t have exact measurements! This is going to be a guess-ti-mation. It’s ok…
One thing I learned as a cook, you can add, omit, change whatever you want to fit your taste. It is totally ok to add more of this or that…however, when it comes to baking, taking that same liberty could get you in trouble!
So, today we cook!
What is the secret to juicy Italian breaded chicken?
When making this breaded chicken recipe, I found that dipping in milk helped to keep the chicken juicy and not dried out after baking. There you have it. My secret is out.
This Italian breaded chicken recipe is great for a party, big dinner or family picnic. It also tastes great as a leftover chicken sandwich or added to a salad.
Easy Italian Breaded Chicken
Easy Italian Breaded Chicken is a recipe you will keep handy for dinner or to feed a crowd. Dipping chicken in milk before coating in breadcrumbs keeps this super juicy and delicious.
- 1-2 lb. Chicken Breast, pounded thin (or you could get cutlets)
- These are all approximates here:
- 1-2 cups seasoned bread crumbs (I use 4C)
- 1/2-3/4 cup grated Romano cheese ( I use Locatelli)
- A generous sprinkle of garlic salt, garlic powder, (~2tsp)
- Salt & Pepper
- A handful of parsley (dried)
- Milk for dipping chicken
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add about 2 tablespoons olive oil to a cookie sheet and spread around entire pan.
- Meanwhile in two pie plates, add milk to one and bread crumb mixture to the other. Dip chicken in milk to coat all over.
- Place in breadcrumb mixture and coat well. Place on oiled cookie sheet. Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Turn once and cook for 15 additional minutes.
That’s it! It could not be easier, faster or more delicious!
When cooking or baking, we all have our favorite ingredients, which makes no two recipes taste the same, even if followed exactly. This is the reason my breaded chicken tastes different from my mother-in-law’s recipe. So, with full disclosure, this is what I use when making my breaded chicken:
Locatelli Pecorino Romano (this is the only grated cheese I ever use) You can click the link or shop in amazon
The other constant is 4C Seasoned bread crumbs. I just find them to be the tastiest.
If you like this recipe, then you will love our other chicken recipes too!
If you like this post, you might also like these