It’s cold outside your window. The wind is howling and you think to yourself “today would be a great day for soup!”, and I am here to say yes, today is a perfect day for soup! I’m going to share a recipe for loaded baked potato soup that you can prepare in the crockpot and best of all, have that appliance cook for you.
I think I mentioned a few posts back how much I love soup. It is one of my favorite comfort foods. When you have a good, hearty soup, it will leave a lasting impression as you try desperately to duplicate it on your own stove until you get the flavors just right. Not that I would know this or anything…
But if a soup is not that good? Well, that leaves an impression too. One that makes you never want to have it again. This recipe does NOT fall in the latter category, thank goodness.
Nope, THIS loaded baked potato soup is FULL of goodness from the first spoonful to the last. It is surprisingly creamy, especially since it has no cream in it.
The best part of this loaded baked potato recipe is the fact that your crockpot does all the work. You can prepare before heading for work or, if you are snowed in, after you prep the coffee pot to brew your morning joe, set it up for dinner. Yep- throw everything in and in a matter of hours, you have a delicious bowl of soup ready for an easy dinner.
I love cheese and bacon on my baked potatoes, so this is my choice of toppings, but you can get really creative; maybe add some roasted garlic, broccoli or dollop of salsa…it’s really a blank canvas ready for your taste creation.
- 5-8 large Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves, minced
- 64 oz. chicken broth
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- Cooked bacon, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions
- Combine potatoes, onions, garlic, chicken broth, and bouillon cubes in yourcrockpot. Cook on high for 5 hours (or low for about 8) until potatoes are fork tender.
- With immersion blender, begin to puree soup mixture. Cut cream cheese into thirds and add to potato mixture and blend until completely smooth.
- If you do not have an immersion blender, you can do same process in a food processor or blender.
- Serve with your favorite baked potato toppings; crumbled bacon, cheese, green onions, sour cream, etc.
Hope you enjoy this recipe for crockpot loaded baked potato soup! Please let me know if you make it and share your pictures on our Facebook page or Instagram page for a special shout out!
Try our other favorite soup recipes:
*This post has affiliate links provided for the slow cooker we use and the immersion blender of our choice. If you decide to purchase through these links, a small commission is added to the coffee fund, for which we are thankful!
If you like this post, you might also like these